The Randy Lerner thread

CI

The next time we hear from Lerner will be at a press conference in February announcing the sale of the club to the Qataris

the rumour is resurfacing again isn't it ...

interesting for me our current situation is very similar to Dougs last days ... so it could be that Lerner is gearing up for an exit .. maybe he's just working out what stand he wants named after him ?

The way things are, its the "We can't stand"

The next time we hear from Lerner will be at a press conference in February announcing the sale of the club to the Qataris

the rumour is resurfacing again isn't it ...

interesting for me our current situation is very similar to Dougs last days ... so it could be that Lerner is gearing up for an exit .. maybe he's just working out what stand he wants named after him ?

If MM still reads this forum, I'd like to get his take on the rumors...

I'd take Garry Cook over the bumbling idiot we currently has a CEO or whatever the hell he is.

Garry Cook - fantastic businessman, knows football as a sport and an industry, and an expert brand-builder. Also a die hard bluenose. Sadly.

At the moment I couldn't care who he supports as long as he did a job for us, he'd be better than that inept, yes boy Faulkner.

Well said Risso. People that think he will magically get it right live in Peter Pan land. If you look back at his appointments in American football he gets it wrong every single time.

Presumably he has all bar one wrong at th Villa?

Last time he was asked, he said that Randy will not sell (I think).

Is this the same Mysterman who was at pains to stress that McLeish wasn't going to be our manager under any circumstances? Why people still hang on his every word I have no idea.

Well said Risso. People that think he will magically get it right live in Peter Pan land. If you look back at his appointments in American football he gets it wrong every single time.

He has only appointed two managers?

Appointed, yes. Selected for employment to the permanent psition, three.

I thought it was pretty well accepted that Ellis chose O'Neill, who only accepted the job when he was sure Lerner was taking over.

I thought it was pretty well accepted that Ellis chose O'Neill, who only accepted the job when he was sure Lerner was taking over.

That's certainly how I understood it and Eliis was allowed a last hurrah by holding the press conference too.

What are you on about now?

If you follow American football you will know exactly how managerial appointments he has got wrong over there. :yawn:

Lerner, "owns" Villa, were not going to force him to sell by acting like spoilt brat's, the only thing you will do is further alienate him and possibly force him to withdraw his support......is he going to want to come to Villa park if a protest or disent towards him is shown? I dont think so. Spend money......no?

As for Mike Ashley being a better business man.......their in different leagues, Randy is a world player, Ashley owns a flagging retail business.

Randy has turned the corner with the Browns, hes appointed a CEO with experience within the game.

PF may be a fantastic CEO, i just look at the decision making around what I imagine his role covers and there are to many poor decisions, IMO. Keane would be the latest one, Jenas, Ireland and a few more tbh.

For an experienced football CEO your going to struggle, however an ex manager who's stayed within the game could be a good move, although picking him, as with picking a manager, would be a hard call for a management team that seem to struggle with football related issues.

I dont think Randy is a bad owner, i think his intentions are good, I think hes been unlucky both on and off the pitch, give him time and he will turn us into a top 8 club that supports itself financially.

As for Mike Ashley being a better business man.......their in different leagues, Randy is a world player, Ashley owns a flagging retail business.

Really. World player at what exactly? as far as I'm aware he inherited daddies millions didn't he. As for Ashley isn't he a self-made multi millionaire?

Â