The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Just rememberd that the other day I tossed my bright history proud future DVD into the bin at home without a second thought. I remember thinking how great it was and what a nice gesture when it arrived.

Just rememberd that the other day I tossed my bright history proud future DVD into the bin at home without a second thought. I remember thinking how great it was and what a nice gesture when it arrived.

Hard to believe it will be 5 years ago in a few months since that game against Sheff Utd where we got the free scarfs. It was a nothing end of season game for us given that we were mid table but was a full house, and a fantastic atmosphere due to the anticipation that we may be about to go places. Pretty emotional day due to the European Cup winners being back but the most memorable part for me was when the players game on to the pitch and everyone waving the scarfs and singing. The atmosphere was electric and it felt like this is it.... we're back. Three good seasons of season on season improvement followed and that dream then suddenly died and we've now had the best part of two years of sliding back towards where Randy found us. I guess the ride was good whilst it lasted.

Hard to believe it will be 5 years ago in a few months since that game against Sheff Utd where we got the free scarfs. It was a nothing end of season game for us given that we were mid table but was a full house, and a fantastic atmosphere due to the anticipation that we may be about to go places. Pretty emotional day due to the European Cup winners being back but the most memorable part for me was when the players game on to the pitch and everyone waving the scarfs and singing. The atmosphere was electric and it felt like this is it.... we're back. Three good seasons of season on season improvement followed and that dream then suddenly died and we've now had the best part of two years of sliding back towards where Randy found us. I guess the ride was good whilst it lasted.

We are just a plaything for Lerner. Nothing more.

He played with us like he was playing with a new pet. He kept us in a nice corner of his empire and treated us well. He bought us little gifts and we thought we were the bees knees and going places.

Now a few years down the line he has realised that his pet requires ongoing love, care and attention and its expectations to be met as before.

But we are now an ageing pet and our upkeep is getting more expensive as the years go by.

We no longer hold his attention like we did when he first had us and so we are cast aside and left to look around with sad eyes hoping that one day we will be loved again.

He played with us like he was playing with a new pet. He kept us in a nice corner of his empire and treated us well. He bought us little gifts and we thought we were the bees knees and going places.

Now a few years down the line he has realised that his pet requires ongoing love, care and attention and its expectations to be met as before.

But we are now an ageing pet and our upkeep is getting more expensive as the years go by.

We no longer hold his attention like we did when he first had us and so we are cast aside and left to look around with sad eyes hoping that one day we will be loved again.

Do you work for the RSPCA?

A football club is for life, not just for Christmas.

For whom? The fans? Maybe... but as we see people don't come to games when we suck...

For the owner? Never has been. It's a business, a company yielding profits (well, at least not draining his accounts) and in our example; a very cheap club he could probably sell for double the money or more.

violin.gif

The minute MON left I started to think maybe our owner wasn't as good as i first thought.

Everything that has happened since has confirmed to me that as a sports owner he is pretty useless.

Even with a sport he knows and understands he is still pretty useless as an owner.

All he has to offer us is money and even in that aspect he can't even manage to that any more.

His decisions have been poor and are holding us back.

I'm hoping that his lack of interest, the fact mcleish was the only manager willing to work under current circumstances and lack of spending means that Lerner is doing the best thing he could possibly do for this club and sell to someone better than himself.

It speaks volumes that the best thing he could possibly do at the club is sell it.

Cut the guy some slack, as I've pointed out before, he's about to lose half his wealth in a messy divorce, he is rich based on his shares in Bank Of America - 2006 - $55 per share, today about $5 a share

The guy has been financially raped, layer on top MON's appauling waste of funds

Cut the guy some slack, as I've pointed out before, he's about to lose half his wealth in a messy divorce, he is rich based on his shares in Bank Of America - 2006 - $55 per share, today about $5 a share

The guy has been financially raped, layer on top MON's appauling waste of funds

Didn't realise he was so poor. Guess he will have to sell his private jet or some property then.

I'll look out for the collection box outside VP next home game.

Most of his 'wealth' is tied up in the Lerner Trust in which case I think it is safe from his ex-wifes claims.

As for BOA shares, if he wasn't bright enough to sell before they bottomed out it proves he ain't much of a businessman.

Which brings the question why he is intending to hang onto AVFC because he is never going to make money out of it, he is never here so WHY????

Â