The Randy Lerner thread

CI

18 hours ago, YLN said:

He is hurt because he has lost some money. He still has hundreds of millions. Hundreds of millions. We are hurt because he has destroyed our club with his ineptitude. You might say he has been unlucky to have employed and trusted the wrong people at the wrong time, but to do it so consistently is an indication of incompetence, not misfortune.

Honourable. Kicking out fans for having banners. Appointing Alex McLeish. The contempt for fans shown by the disappearance of Krulak from the fan sites. I'm not sure if these things were done out of malice, but there was certainly dishonour involved. 

Short of someone who comes in and starts selling off the contents of the trophy room on eBay, I'm not sure we could do much worse.

I didn't mention misfortune of course incompetence is a description you could use.

my point is.....He has still under written it all.....to say he has lost some money, is an under statement.

I would safely say, he is far more hurt than me.

On 25 March 2016 at 21:38, YLN said:

He is hurt because he has lost some money. He still has hundreds of millions. Hundreds of millions. We are hurt because he has destroyed our club with his ineptitude. You might say he has been unlucky to have employed and trusted the wrong people at the wrong time, but to do it so consistently is an indication of incompetence, not misfortune.

Honourable. Kicking out fans for having banners. Appointing Alex McLeish. The contempt for fans shown by the disappearance of Krulak from the fan sites. I'm not sure if these things were done out of malice, but there was certainly dishonour involved. 

Short of someone who comes in and starts selling off the contents of the trophy room on eBay, I'm not sure we could do much worse.

He hasn't destroyed our club. We have been relegated before we have been in far worse positions in the league and financially. He has made bad decision after bad decision for the last 5 years or so and is gang another go at getting it right. Hopefully this time he gets it right but we are far from destroyed and will be back and when we do it'll make the success more sweeter. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He hasn't destroyed our club. We have been relegated before we have been in far worse positions in the league and financially. He has made bad decision after bad decision for the last 5 years or so and is gang another go at getting it right. Hopefully this time he gets it right but we are far from destroyed and will be back and when we do it'll make the success more sweeter. 

So we're happy Lerner has relegated us so any future success will be sweeter? 

Crazy. 

• Like 1

The Mirror thinks Randy is offski -

The waters have been muddied still further by the news that Villa have serious buyers from overseas waiting in the wings. Current owner Randy Lerner has decided to clear the decks ahead of any transfer of ownership, leaving the new proprietors with as clean a slate as possible when they take over. http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villa-deadlock-boss-remi-7636558

It would make a lot of sense, but if they had any serious details I imagine they would have led with the sale as the story.

I think interest in the club has always been there it's the fee and what their intentions are which is the main point. I would imagine a few offers will come in this summer once relegation is confirmed especially if they can pick up the club for a fee lower than the original £150m-£200m asking price, Also does make you think is the new board staying on under any new ownership if or when it happens or is it rinse and repeat again with yet more compensation paid out.

I have no idea where to say this so have thrown it in here as I guess it affects Lerner more than most considering he owns the club. 

My Mum is currently receiving palliative care at home. I'm staying there at the moment, for obvious reasons, and have got to know her carers. I was watching the news this morning and one of Mum's carers, who coincidentally is also a Muslim (not that it matters to us), mentioned that the news had been reporting that the third suspect in the Brussels bombings - the guy on the run - is said to have visited Birmingham last year and was believed to have taken photos of a football stadium here.

Obviously, these are this carers words and not my own. Just wondering if anyone else had heard this too?  

Edited by villarocker

2 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I have no idea where to say this so have thrown it in here as I guess it affects Lerner more than most considering he owns the club. 

My Mum is currently receiving palliative care at home. I'm staying there at the moment, for obvious reasons, and have got to know her carers. I was watching the news this morning and one of Mum's carers, who coincidentally is also a Muslim (not that it matters to us), mentioned that the news had been reporting that the third suspect in the Brussels bombings - the guy on the run - is said to have visited Birmingham last year and was believed to have taken photos of a football stadium here.

Obviously, these are this carers words and not my own. Just wondering if anyone else had heard this too?  

No point targetting villa there wont be anyone there next season to blow up.

12 minutes ago, villarocker said:

The Evening Mail had reported this too. Without naming the stadium involved 

1 hour ago, TrinityRoadSteps said:

The Evening Mail had reported this too. Without naming the stadium involved 

I watched the programme and they said a phones have been intercepted which contained photos of potential terrorist targets. They said that someone had visited Birmingham and had photos of a football stadium, amongst other sites. I must admitted I straight away thought villa park. 

15 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Nobody said happy. 

You've got it all wrong OBE. If you don't hate Lerner, and I mean really hate him, then you clearly love him and are happy we're going down. That's just the way it works.

• Like 2

Nobody's happy, that's certain. But we don't always need to be morbidly pessimistic about everything. Yes it's hard being a Villa fan and pessimism is one of our very recognisable traits, but life's a little bit better if you have some hope that things will improve. We won't be in this state forever, Villa will be back, Randy will be gone. Football goes in cycles, and we'll have our time again. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

You've got it all wrong OBE. If you don't hate Lerner, and I mean really hate him, then you clearly love him and are happy we're going down. That's just the way it works.

Now you're getting it. 

On 26 March 2016 at 00:31, DCJonah said:

So we're happy Lerner has relegated us so any future success will be sweeter? 

Crazy. 

I've no idea how old you are but we have a generation of fans who think football started in 92 Who believe we have a right to be in the top division. They take it for granted and when we do hit hard times as every club does its hyperbole of the clubs destroyed! And actually your post just proves that.

Â