The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Flippin' 'eck. I think I prefer Randy in his parsimonious mode.

If he's allowing Lambert (or maybe this is Keane's doing?) to splash out £8m precious £££s on Cleverley, not to mention the wages we'll have to pay, there is a serious loss of perspective here.

• Like 1

I see a Saudi Arabian registered jet touched down at the BHX last night for the first time. Takeover on?  :detect:

Someone on another forum says that on 21st it was in Melbourne, also been at Stanstead recently too. Doesn't really help much but still.

Edited by useless

It was I, prompted by the above info about it I started to look it up. Yes it's Saudi based but the movements don't give anything away, maybe just in for maintenance at monarch engineering?

It is interesting with previous poster linking Saudi (al Baltan?) whatever happened to that? And bidding 8m on cleverly - not saying 8m is absolutely huge but for cleverly it's a bit of a sum.

• Like 2

Of all the rumours the one that makes the most sense to me would be Mysteryman's Chinese link where he said they wanted a six month exclusivity period. Might tie in with Tom Fox as well seeing as though he seems to have done a lot of work involving the Far East.

Lerner actually did his bit at the end and was ready to stump up another 7 million. I don't blame Villa for not paying 60k to Ceverly because then a new contract to Ron would have been 70k, Delph 60k and Gabby up there also. Plus we have Grealish. Before you know we are back in the shit with salaries again.

Let's take care of the above and hope we are still OK come January when we can push on again.

Edited by Texas_Mike
  • Like 2

Â