The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Having just re watched 'Moneyball', perhaps Villa can play against the odds and find players which other clubs do not want, mold a side, and punch above our weight. Then I realised we haven't got Billy Beane, we have a owner who does not care about his asset and no CEO. Gulp.

Or it's like in "Major League", where the owner put's together a puposedly horrible team so they'll lose and he can move the team.

Of course football doesn't work like that here in the civilized world, but Lerner obviously knows very little about "soccer"

Or 'Rollerball' where everyone just kills each other.

• Like 1

"I can just see Mark Ansell making a return !! That's a serious comment BTW."

I think if he was prepared to come back short term it might possibly happen andyh. But I doubt he would see what might be put on the table worth it for him in the current curcumstances.   

I cannot see that on their site midian. Could this £10m be being made available to cover new contracts for Ron & Delph for example? But in any case if it is for transfer fees alone we need to find more than this to try to ensure our safety when other clubs use that sort of money or more to bring in just one player.

I cannot see that on their site midian. Could this £10m be being made available to cover new contracts for Ron & Delph for example? But in any case if it is for transfer fees alone we need to find more than this to try to ensure our safety when other clubs use that sort of money or more to bring in just one player.

Its under teams in the football section.

Interesting that Jonny Gould is the only one saying that Randy's in town for a new CEO. Strange that he should know about it and no one else, he even had a little quote. Apparently Lerner's jet was in Birmingham all day and has now gone to London, so I guess he's going back from where he came now.

Well looking at the team you are looking at two full backs, one midfielder and a wide forward.

If you try and buy all four you are going to get crap so I would go with the midfielder and wide forward as it we do have semi competent to competent full backs they just aren't good.

If it's to cover wages it'll be to cover over year's wages, not the full contact duration

• Like 1

what a shit position Lambert is in again. 10 million and he may want 3-4 players. So again he will have to go for cheapies.

You could put all your eggs in one basket and get a 10 million midfielder. Then in game 2 he gets injured (Okore last season) and then you have nothing.

Looking at our squad. Midfield is in dire need of improvement. Our strikers aren't playing well but I think they would play better with better service.

Depending on what were doing with Richardson.. if he is a left back then I would just purchase two midfielders for 5 millionish. Ideally a creative/wide player and a defensive/holding midfielder. Maybe bring another player in on loan?

Going by where Lambert is playing Richardson I would imagine we will be in for a left back. Ideally one that can defend.....

• Like 2

Â