The Randy Lerner thread

CI

250k for Faulkner? Think i'm going to be **** sick.

Pretty low for his position.

Cue the peanuts and monkeys comments.

Seeing he was probably on £15k a year as MBNA customer services manager, I don't think he personally minds. :D

I earn more money than a MBNA Customer Services Manager :o

Goodbye you utter failure of a man.

Bit harsh.

I think that was nice.

Failed at owning the browns, failed at owning villa, failure in his marriage. He's a failure who was fortunate enough to have a rich father. In a few months he won't be anything to do with villa.

So.

Just putting it out there - what happens if Randy tells us that 'we are in a position to start looking forwards again' and that if someone came in who could take the club further he'd sell but there is no such person at the moment.

Bit of a let down, no?

Bit harsh.
I think that was nice.

Failed at owning the browns, failed at owning villa, failure in his marriage. He's a failure who was fortunate enough to have a rich father. In a few months he won't be anything to do with villa.

But im sure he is doing alot better than you.

Haha well yes my dad wasn't a billionaire.

He hasnt been that much of a failure. Done alot of good things for the club and some not so good things. Cant say he hasnt spent. His biggest mistake was giving MON free reign to almost bring us to our knees.

Edited by donnie
  • Like 1

Bit harsh.
I think that was nice.

Way over the top no need to be like that.

Bit harsh.
I think that was nice.

Haha why? He's a failure. People wished death of Doug and he got a lot worse.

Bit harsh.
I think that was nice.

Those are sad, sad people who take football way too seriously and should not be given any attention.

• Like 2

Bit harsh.
I think that was nice.

Those are sad, sad people who take football way too seriously and should not be given any attention.

Yep.

I don't wish any bad things to Lerner. I just think he's a failure of man. But its OK as he'll be gone soon enough.

First of all, I think that this claim that having a failed marriage means you're a failure as a person is a fairly provocative one in a society where 50% of marriages end in divorce. 

In general, it was just ludicrously out of proportion. He spent a lot of money on the club, then was unable or unwilling to continue spending vast amounts of his own money. He wrote off £90 million owed to him earlier this season, as I understand it. I'm not saying he's a great owner - he isn't - but he's not even the worst in the current PL. 

Â