The Randy Lerner thread

CI

You can be well run and spend lots of money.  You can be well run and spend very little.

You can be badly run and spends lots of money.  You can be badly run and spend very little.

I think we've been badly run for pretty much of Lerner's tenure.

You can be well run and spend lots of money. You can be well run and spend very little.

You can be badly run and spends lots of money. You can be badly run and spend very little.

Funnily enough something we have in common with the Cleveland Browns.

If naivety is the excuse here I wonder what it is over there?

Lets not forget we have had a net spend these last couple of seasons. Our problem has been the fact that we haven't been able to get transfer income for the players we've had to shift as nobody has wanted them as they were such poor choices by the various managers before Lambert. We've had to get rid of so many, that we've had to get lots of players in on a tightish budget, but it is still a net spend. Hopefully if Lambert is given the same again soon he can start to look at quality rather than quantity. That, along with getting the wage bill down below 50-60%, seems a very clear plan to me and we are doing pretty well so far IMO. I think those who believe Randy has just given up and doesn't care any more are just being a little too pessimistic and we need to wait things out for another couple of transfer windows before giving up all hope.

• Like 1

You can be well run and spend lots of money.  You can be well run and spend very little.

You can be badly run and spends lots of money.  You can be badly run and spend very little.

Define "badly run"

You can be well run and spend lots of money. You can be well run and spend very little.

You can be badly run and spends lots of money. You can be badly run and spend very little.

Define "badly run"

Aston Villa football club under Randolph Lerner.

• Like 1

If we had of bought a load of players like Platty, McGrath, Laursen ,Neilsen, Mellberg,Yorke, etc.

we wouldn't even be discussing how the club is run now.

we have had some very good times on the field, when the club was not been run that great.

I go to watch a football match.....not a balance sheet.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

Â