February Optimism Gauge

maqroll

I'll wait to see how the new signings fit in before really casting a judgement on this. I'm buoyed by the fact that we signed players in areas that we needed to strengthen, although I would've liked a new CB. The fitness of Ron Vlaar is of the utmost importance now. 

I think alot hinges on the FBs. Lowton has tailed off a bit, but he is definitely a quality player and I think he'll be okay. At LB, I hope Baker gets a good run out and stays injury free as that will allow us to persist with a more tradtional 442 or 4231. For some reason, I see us hitting a good patch soon similar to the one in November/early December and getting us to safety. I am typically optimistic, but right now I am even more so and don't know why. Starting with 3 points today.  :)

Edited by LockStockVilla

been out of it for a month now, so coming back and seeing we're out of both the cups, and only picked up a point, along with 2 players who are young and inexperienced in this division makes me massively nervous about this month and our survival. i think we're going down but i'm gonna stick by the team and hope for the best from here on in :)

Almost non existent. I try to trick myself into believing it will all work out and we have a massive summer window coming and it will be a whole other story next year. It`s getting harder and harder for each match that is going. I remember when a lot of people predicted that we would be relegated this season, something I saw as never happening. FFS, we are like a new wigan now :/ 

It's hard to be optimistic for this month. Maybe March will be better.

Everton A, W Ham H, Arsenal A. We probably need 4 points just to keep up with the relegation race so 3 from the Hammers and  a draw at Arsenal is the most we can hope for. Can't see us getting anything today.

Doubt we will be out of the bottom 3 come the 1st of March.  :(

My optimism is at rock bottom. We are the worst side in the league with one of the worst managers. We are not going to get out of this mess so I've accepted relegation really. Its a sad situation.

Lowton & bennet are the worst ive ever seen at right and left back and it seems Lambert is sticking with them as starters, Bannan is the worst starting midfielder in the premier league, and weve got 2 unkown young new signings to add to the already inexperienced squad!!!!   We will get hammered at Everton, i hate my life, Thanks the VILLA!!!!!

Farewell Premier League.

Randy has lost interest. We can only hope its not too long before he sells up (hopefully to someone with a fooking clue about football/basic business management).

Just have to wait and see what happens and hope the club doesn't get lost in the wilderness...(for too long anyway!)

This is the point of the season where I had expected us to really kick on and start climbing towards mid-table. Surprisingly enough I can't see that happening now. We have strengthened in the key area required DM (I have always thought our back-four needed protecting rather than replacing) but we certainly haven't been as active as I had anticipated at the early stages of the season. Will we go down? I'll get back to you at about 5pm.

don't see where the next win is coming from and the odd point here and there is not going to save us.

The team is playing like THEY don't know where the next win is coming from either as there is no form or mental strength to defy the drop....think its inevitable.

Â