February Optimism Gauge

maqroll

No, we mustn't play like we did against Everton! If we keep leaking goals even when our forwards are having a good day, we are truly stuffed.

ditto

some just really don't get it do they?

Briny is spot on.

Edited by TRO

Interesting to see how optimism level tend to rise the more days go by that we don't play, only to sink again once we actually have a go at playing a match.

Maybe there is a secret here?

Anyway, let's hope very hard we beat Wet Spam - we need to do that just to stay in with a chance of getting out of this mess. Lose or draw and we are in big troub.

Looking at this weekends fixtures there is a good chance we will go into the game on Sunday knowing that 3 points will get us out of the bottom three. I'd like to think that kind of incentive and the fact we would have gained confidence from how we have performed recently gives me confidence we can secure 3 points on Sunday. If we do that then it would also put us with in 4 or 5 points of Fulham and Norwich who play each other this weekend.

What has gone on previously this season is in the past now and we can do **** all about that. I am as disappointed as anyone that we didn't do more in the transfer window, am at the end of my tether with Randy Lerner and frustrated with many of Lamberts team selections in terms of formation.

What I would like to see now though from manager, players and fans is a real focus to get the maximum we can out of the remaining games. To give our all on the pitch and for the fans to get right behind the players.

The inquest as to why we have again found ourselves deep in the mire can begin at the end of the season. For now though lets all try and unite behind the team and try and help influence a never say die attitude ensuring they all give every last grain of energy and effort and that will hopefully help see us safe.

I am convinced we can still stay up and with so much to still play for now is not the time to throw the towel in. It is time for us all to roll up our sleeves, get ourselves down to VP and give the players as much backing as we possibly can. Our support both in terms of numbers and passion should, if used in a positive way, be an advantage we have over the other relegation candidates so lets use it.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

Shit form

Team that is not used to battles

Points behind those above us

Other teams around us in better form

Lost hom games against those around us

Some tough fixtures upcoming

Not had a back to back league win since May 2011

Poor goal difference

Sorry but we are down.  I have accepted the fact that we are down but I have not yet come to terms with what that means for us or the consequences.

Shit form

Poor goal difference

Sorry but we are down.  I have accepted the fact that we are down but I have not yet come to terms with what that means for us or the consequences.

Yet you still support the present manager.

Shit form

Poor goal difference

110%.

Come on Richard! It looks bad. But I think it was far worse mid Jan. We actually play better football now AND been a bit unlucky. To be honest I actually think we just need a couple of results to build more confidence. That said I'm sure it's going to be a frustrating 3 months but we are not out of it yet.

Come on Richard! It looks bad. But I think it was far worse mid Jan. We actually play better football now AND been a bit unlucky. To be honest I actually think we just need a couple of results to build more confidence. That said I'm sure it's going to be a frustrating 3 months but we are not out of it yet.

there is always that opinion. I just think that is looking at things in isolation a bit and not looking at things "in the round" using corporate speak of which we all love so much

Shit form

Poor goal difference

110%.

Shit form

Poor goal difference

110%.

Do you not think Lambert has to take some of the blame for the things you've listed?

Some, a bit, not the greatest percentage sure. Many people are to blame.

Enough blame for me to say he should be sacked or he is not the man we need for the long term benefit of this club? No.

• Like 1

We actually play better football now AND been a bit unlucky.

Another hallmark of a relegation team... Bad luck & we have it in bucket loads.. also the victims of many a poor decision too (linesman at Man City for eg) which too is a symptom of a relegation team.

qpr arent looking that great even after stocking up on players... im still reasonably optimistic, alot hangs on the game tomorrow.

We shouldn't be focussing on QPR but on reading, wigan and southampton. two of those sides have to finish below us. QPR will only become a threat if they have a decent run.

Â