February Optimism Gauge

maqroll

Trying not to get my hopes up. We're too poor at home which I think will condemn us. I'll be very annoyed if we're relegated by say one point or goal difference. If this happens then it could've been prevented.

Not very optimistic at all of avoiding the drop. We are where we are on merit, the big hope was that Vlaar coming back would sure up the defence. Can't see anything major changing, it's going to be very tough for Sylla to make the impact we need and I hold very little hope of Dunne playing any or enough of a part to make a difference.

A win against West Ham would be massive!

Holding out hope for a tremendous out of the blue performance that turns heads and gets our confidence up....

Bracing myself to concede another important goal from a set peice!

As it is we will NOT stay up unless we stop shipping goals :( obvious i know but evry time i say it feel that the reality may not hit me that hard when it actually happens...

I still think we are going down, but I am slightly more optimistic after the last three matches.

We should have beat WBA, a solid top half team. We should have drawn Newcastle, a team I think will kick on up the table after signing real quality, backed up by the win against Chelsea. We should have beaten Everton, a team with real designs on a CL spot.

I know shoulda, coulda, woulda means absolutely jack shit, but in the scope of this horrific season, it is something to hold on to.

I really think if we could just win a game, things would turn around. I know the players have the same reaction the fans do when we go up a goal or two. "How are we going to **** this up." One win could alter or, hopefully, eliminate that mindset, which would then make it a bit easier to hold onto leads.

Here's some optimism...

We're creating chances and scoring goals. Enough that should we being some semblance of order to the defence, offer some protection from midfield, we might just stay up by the fur on our teeth.

Don't ask me how, I'm lost for ideas. But we look dangerous when we break, as dangerous as we have for years.

I hugged JPA for the equaliser that day (Cov), Got thrown out and missed Mersons winner.

I might have mentioned that before!

Did you come out of the stand to hug him?

Yes.

I know. I was 17.

Then it must exist somewhere on YouTube...have you looked for it?

I'll wait to see how the new signings fit in before really casting a judgement on this. I'm buoyed by the fact that we signed players in areas that we needed to strengthen, although I would've liked a new CB. The fitness of Ron Vlaar is of the utmost importance now. 

????? Not really

Here's some optimism...

We're creating chances and scoring goals. Enough that should we being some semblance of order to the defence, offer some protection from midfield, we might just stay up by the fur on our teeth.

Don't ask me how, I'm lost for ideas. But we look dangerous when we break, as dangerous as we have for years.

If we can only cut out the defencesive lapses. If we had held on against both the baggies and Everton, we would be out the relegation zone. If we could have held on against the sides we have led against, we would be mid table.

Makes the decision not to bring an experiened Defender in January even more ridiculous, or even suicidal.

I'll wait to see how the new signings fit in before really casting a judgement on this. I'm buoyed by the fact that we signed players in areas that we needed to strengthen, although I would've liked a new CB. The fitness of Ron Vlaar is of the utmost importance now. 

????? Not really

So we didn't sign a CDM and another wide player - two areas we really needed strengthening in?

Not sure how, but I ended up having us finishing in 15th when going through the BBC's predictor thingy. I pretty much just put us down for a loss against any team in the top 6 or 7, a draw if playing away against anybody else and a win at home against anybody say 8th and below. QPR, Wigan and Southampton to go down.

Overly optimistic given our recent defensive form I know.

• Like 1

Â