Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

The fact that we can sign a guy like this for £2m-odd makes me giddy thinking about what Lambert can do this summer with the increased TV revenues and further purging of the wages from Dunne and (lamentably) Petrov's contracts expiring.

The fact that we can sign a guy like this for £2m-odd makes me giddy thinking about what Lambert can do this summer with the increased TV revenues and further purging of the wages from Dunne and (lamentably) Petrov's contracts expiring.

Fully agree.

Can't remember the last time I had full confidence in a Villa manager signing our players. Lambert has found some real gems.

MOTM for me although maybe joint with Delph. The trio with Westwood really works well and has a nice balance, still think it would be nice if one of them would get some goals although Westwood and Delph both came close and Sylla had a shot which was good to see.

Sylla also may have been through for a clear shot on goal after his great run hadn't it been for John Terry and his super sloth trip-up.

Edited by samjp26

Evidence that we finally have a good scouting network in place.

Have or had?

I doubt any of Lambert's signings were on the back of our existing (or formerly existing) scouts. Lambert would have had a list of targets already, he'd just have signed them for us instead of Norwich. It wouldn't have been until this summer that we really saw Henke's recommendations chased

No manager would take over a new club and start signing someone else's recommendations

Edited by P3te

Have or had?

Do you have the ability to smile? Or had?
What you on about smiling?

Yes our head scout left or did you not know that?

Have or had?
Do you have the ability to smile? Or had?
What you on about smiling?

Yes our head scout left or did you not know that?

Yes, I believe he left to be assist manager at FC Ingoldstad 04 under Tomas Oral.

But I highly doubt that the network he got hired to setup left with him.

I liked this guy from the get-go since his first appearance against everton. He has been playing better every match! So impressed. Another impressive signing by Lambert. The next season can`t come soon enough, just get some of that quality in our back 4 and we can be aiming much higher next season. Let`s hope this continues because this is seriously looking good. Please do.

• Like 2

Our midfield is definitely lacking something. Just in current form I couldnt pinpoint one of the three and say 'they are the one that needs dropping'. We need somebody who is a bit better at tackling and breaking up play and we also need somebody who is going to score some goals from midfield (Gardner maybe?). But I think Delph and Sylla are both playing really well and Westwood is the player our midfield needs to be created around.

I think in regards to bringing in a goal scoring attacking midfielder we would have to drop Sylla or Delph which would be mental as they're both getting an understanding for each other. I agree we need some attacking flair in the middle but its hard to see who we can take out right now.

I think he also showed some great technical skills throughout the game.

Comparisons to NRC are an insult to Sylla. NRC dreams he could pass it around like Sylla

• Like 2

Â