Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I thought he was pretty decent. Probably shouldn't be shooting though, leave that to the forwards :P

I think the opposite actually. I you have a guy like him who the opposition knows will shoot from distance, they'll have to commit players to closing him down, opening up space around them for our forwards. The trick is for him to use that to his advantage and not always follow through with the shot

He did quite well. He was composed and very economical with the ball rarely taking more than 2 or 3 touches, I like the way he plays the simple ball first time. Very promising stuff.

Give it a few weeks and he'll be crucified for "only playing easy balls that go nowhere"

• Like 2

Keeping hold of possession is key, I would rather he plays a short 3 yard pass than try and 30 yard pass and lose possession. 

absolutely. but westwood has been getting shit from some quarters for doing the same thing

If he's 'not ready' then why the hell did we sign him whilst being in a relegation scrap? They should throw him in 'ready' or not, if he can't help us out of this mess then he isn't much good to us.

it's possible lambert didn't want to play him against arsenal and city, preferring to keep him for the next two. not saying that's the case, but i assume that given our predicament and lack of confidence, the last thing he wanted to do was throw him in at the start of games and have his confidence hammered, ruining him for the season. he's not really the kind of chap you bring on when you're chasing a game either

Still not sure if this was actually why Lambert didn't start him previously, but it makes a lot of sense after today. We need a Sylla like that in the team rather than one who came in against two of the big guns and struggled to get confidence up

Â