Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Someone was telling me that they've been told that he has really impressed in training.

Would be pretty cool, he was doing really good at least on his old club it seemed, so he might be a player that is on the rise for all we know. At least I hope so. 

Sylla is going to be another Djemba Djemba. A completely useless signing and a total waste of money, ermm, just like Benteke.

Haven't been on in a while but i see the same rubbish is being posted.

I'm

Guessing Morpheus is saying that tongue in cheek, as he admitted that he was wrong about Benteke, so hoping by saying sylla is rubbish he'll be wrong on that as well.

Sorry just caught up with all messages haha, so apologies to Morpheus.

;)

And yet just a couple of weeks ago we were desperate for some more strength in the midfield.

I can't see this guy being a player who improves us over what we have already unfortunately.

Based on?

If he's not an improvement on Barry Bannan then the guy should just retire from football, to be honest.

• Like 1

And yet just a couple of weeks ago we were desperate for some more strength in the midfield.

I can't see this guy being a player who improves us over what we have already unfortunately.

Based on?

Based on his pedigree. I think Delph and Westwood are better players than him so he's not an improvement on our current options. Lambert seems to think so also and is only giving him short spells in the side. He is more one for the futre and won't be the guy to save our season.

If we had brought in someone of real quality then that player would had displaced Delph and be starting matches in our very mediocre (to put it politely) midfield.

Based on?

If he's not an improvement on Barry Bannan then the guy should just retire from football, to be honest.

:lol:

To be fair non of us have seen him properly and I don't think we know what we have here, he could be a Salifou or a Benteke.  Id rather the latter but we'll know soon enough.

For me I think Lambert's team selection will ultimately tell us how well Sylla is adapting and how well he has trained, and ultimately how well he has impressed PL. That said I still expect Delph to be starting as we got the win against the Hammers and Delph did good enough to warrant being picked.

i dont believe in all this match fit bol locks, hes a professional footballer, he should be hitting the ground running considering what he earns, even if its not alot, its still more than most of us

we need him in the squad right now, hes only going to get used to the speed of the league by playing him, waiting till the end of the season will be too late

i dont believe in all this match fit bol locks, hes a professional footballer, he should be hitting the ground running considering what he earns, even if its not alot, its still more than most of us

we need him in the squad right now, hes only going to get used to the speed of the league by playing him, waiting till the end of the season will be too late

What would be the point if he is not as good as the players in our current starting 11?

What would be the point if he is not as good as the players in our current starting 11?

I think AndyBM might actually be doing that troll thing because what he said here and on the Vlaar page doesn't make much reasonable sense. There are a million reasons why you wouldn't put in an untested player from ligue 2 into the starting eleven in his first three games and nobody should need them explained.

by all means ease him in, but he IS the player we needed in january, would you say the same if we signed sissoko instead?

the sooner he gets up to pace of the league, the better our midfield can gel and maybe start doing something positive

by all means ease him in, but he IS the player we needed in january, would you say the same if we signed sissoko instead?

the sooner he gets up to pace of the league, the better our midfield can gel and maybe start doing something positive

Sissoko!!? :D

Sylla has a long way to go to prove himself at that kind of level. I hope he's good but I'm not holding out any hope until I see it. I rate Lambert in the transfer market too so I hope this is another good buy but there is no way someone of his experience can be just thrown in. To be fair I think he is being eased in so far. We've had tough games and it's not the time to rely on Sylla. He's providing more competition etc. and that's positive. Delph has looked much better recently and is, with Westwood, starting to look decent. They are clearly the first choice in midfield for now and with the options we have I don't think that's going to change much this season. 

Â