Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

lol, i forgot all about that, but im glad it amused some of you who clearly appear to not have anything else better do to than to be keyboard warriors and make snide remarks to other forum users :)

anyway, yes, at the time i typed that i was clearly in a frustrated mood towards the club for the (lack of) progress we was making and the direction of the club, as it happens, sylla has proven to be an asset, and the talks of sissoko seem to be have forgotten about, i like sylla alot now and want to see him improve and become that DM weve so desperately needed, my anger towards the club, and to our youth set up is now behind me, for the moment :)

Edited by AndyBM

lol, i forgot all about that, but im glad it amused some of you who clearly appear to not have anything else better do to than to be keyboard warriors and make snide remarks to other forum users :)

anyway, yes, at the time i typed that i was clearly in a frustrated mood towards the club for the (lack of) progress we was making and the direction of the club, as it happens, sylla has proven to be an asset, and the talks of sissoko seem to be have forgotten about, i like sylla alot now and want to see him improve and become that DM weve so desperately needed, my anger towards the club, and to our youth set up is now behind me, for the moment :)

As I said to another forum user recently, welcome to the internet. If you say something mental chances are somebody is going to pull you up on it. No warriors here, just standard practice.

lets be honest, our acadmey isnt much to be proud about, lee hendrie ;-)

Played over 300 games for us and always have his all. Injuries got the better of him but still a good player for the club.

• Like 1

It was hardly digging up though. It was on the 2nd page.

It was a ridiculous comment though, lets be honest  :lol:

'arrogant cu nt who just wants a pay rise'  :lol:

Edited by StefanAVFC

tbh, i expected him to be the next makoun, in the sense that he would come here, either refuse to play or have a bust up with one of the coaches, then go back to france to be 'loaned' to a club like 'lyon', for the price we paid + the typical french arrogance, i wasnt expecting much, maybe i was just looking at the worst possible scenario

but as it happens, hes been brilliant and ive been proved wrong so i hold my hands up :)

tbh, i expected him to be the next makoun, in the sense that he would come here, either refuse to play or have a bust up with one of the coaches, then go back to france to be 'loaned' to a club like 'lyon', for the price we paid + the typical french arrogance, i wasnt expecting much, maybe i was just looking at the worst possible scenario

but as it happens, hes been brilliant and ive been proved wrong so i hold my hands up :)

Fair play to you.

I think Sylla has been a revelation. If he'd have been some big-time Charlie looking for a last pay day, then I would have probably assumed the same. But, the fact he has come from a nowhere club, with no rep, then I think he's just taken the chance of stepping-up with both hands (or both feet lol). Could well turn out to be one of the best buys the Villa have made in a while.

Fair play to you.

I think Sylla has been a revelation. If he'd have been some big-time Charlie looking for a last pay day, then I would have probably assumed the same. But, the fact he has come from a nowhere club, with no rep, then I think he's just taken the chance of stepping-up with both hands (or both feet lol). Could well turn out to be one of the best buys the Villa have made in a while.

Yup, down to earth guy, similar to any others I have met since last Summer.

Hopefully they all stay that way!

Just watched the highlights from today's match. At one point near the end he is facing our goal with the ball and definitely looks like he'll be dispossessed. He then dribbles and puts on some amazing footwork to elude about four different Bochum players. Magical.

Sylla looks a player to me, a dominant midfielder that we've been lacking for years, look forward to seeing him develop

FFS if that's not the kiss of death then I dunno what is!!!

• Like 1

Â