Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert probably has Saturday to save himself. When we lose that he will be gone I would think.

I've completely lost faith in him to make any decent signings or deliver positive results. The team is absolute pony.

McLeish would have been chased out of Villa Park with pitch forks if these results had happened under him.

I'm not sure any other manager is going to have time to come in and bring in enough quality before the end of January to turn this around, but I doubt they can do any worse.

McNeill, McLeish, Lambert.

We really need to stop appointing Scottish managers.

Questions for those calling for Lambert's head:

Who was he supposed to play in midfield and defence today?

What genius managers are lining up for the job who are capable of turning a sow's ear into a silk purse?

The excuses have to stop.

It's not just this game is it?

Overall our defence and our attack have become worse than last season. That's just unbelievably shit.

The style of football is piss poor and apart from Benteke the players signed are having pretty much no impact on the team.

There is no evidence of any players improving under him and the team spirit and confidence is just pathetic.

He hasn't been dealt an easy hand with this job but he's been absolutely piss poor so far.

Its indeed a dark day for Villa. I've never felt so low as a fan. Lerner and Lambert are driving me away from this club.

EDIT TO ADD: Lambert needs to go. He looked totally lost tonight. Bring in Curbishley I say and a bit of experience to get out of this mess. Lambert toally lost me tonight. I'll be calling for his head from now on.

Edited by R.I.C.O.

What genius managers are lining up for the job who are capable of turning a sow's ear into a silk purse?

I think most people are resigned to him going - rather than calling for his head.

Like I said earlier I wouldn't have started the season with only 1 fit experienced CB - He took the gamble and it backfired.

I still believe he is going to make the right signings and we will finish mid table.

Me too. It's hard to see after a night like this, but most of us agree his signings have been successful overall. I'd like to think we were underprepared for Bradford because PL was too busy lining up signings!

It says a lot that one of the best possible replacements is Mark bloody Hughes. Stick it out ye doubters: Lambert has it in him somewhere, he has PROVED that. The problem is Aston Villa, not Paul Lambert.

We have better players than a league 2 side, Ireland, Bent etc Bradford can only dream of these players. Most managers could have managed a tighter result away from home first leg against a league 2 team with a Premier League side.

Our defense is shit but we could have protected them better and played more compact. Not sure what Bennett has done to keep getting starts either.

The damage was done in the summer however. It was criminal to let Cuellar and Collins go whilst Dunne was long term injured and only replace one of them with an injury prone CB.

Lambert has just been an absolute disaster so far and i want him out no joke there are better managers out there already looking for new job.

Tonight was a disgrace for all villa supporters to watch what happened tonight.

please refund us back.

Part of me does say wait & see what happens in the window & when we have the other half of the squad back fit.. But i simply cannot understand whats going on in the defence.. Our 3 left backs are shocking THREE of them!! Well actually four if you include Warnock. In fact i would say Warnock although error prone would still be streets better than the other lot... We are missing Vlaar & Dunne badly now... How long do these injuries take for goodness sake?... Don't tell me we need to sack the physio's too :s

As bad as tonight was, and I am pissed off as it was a disgrace, changing the manager is not the answer

I think you're right. Any manager could be in charge of our current squad and they'd be having problems. The squad is woeful. It seriously needs major investment. I hope you're right about Lerner Richard, I really am.

Lambert has it in him somewhere, he has PROVED that. .

He really hasn't. It's not like we have brought in Mourinho/Ferguson/Wenger and are just on a bad run waiting to turn it round.

He's just a rookie manager who had a good run with Norwich, much like Adkins has had with Southampton or Coyle with Burnley or Holloway with Blackpool.

As bad as tonight was, and I am pissed off as it was a disgrace, changing the manager is not the answer

Agreed.

Sacking Lambert now would be like sacking a gardener after laying blood and bone on account of the smell.

Yes - it's truly awful, but we will see good things grow out of it.