Paul Lambert

Pilchard

i think i got that a bit wrong, was only from memory (text received off Villa last night)

Villa led the way in a multitude of stats after the Newcastle game except the one that mattered - the result.

Nathan Baker, Matt Lowton and Barry Bannan were top of the charts in a range of post-match areas.

Bannan was No.1 for passes with forty-five successful out of fifty-three attempted. Ashley Westwood was No.2 with thirty-seven successful from forty-one attempted. Lowton was No.4 with thirty-two successful from thirty-eight attempted.

Baker and Bannan were joint No.1 for interceptions with four.

Ciaran Clark was No.1 for blocks with three while Bannan was No.2 with one.

Baker was No.1 for tackles with three successful from five attempted. Westwood was No.2 with three successful from four attempted. Lowton was joint No.3 - alongside Papiss Cisse - with three successful from three attempted.

Baker was No.1 for clearances with eleven successful from twenty attempted. Clark was No.2 with eight successful from fifteen attempted. Ron Vlaar was No.4 with two successful from twelve attempted.

Lowton was No.1 for attacking third passes with twelve successful from seventeen made. Charles N'Zogbia was No.2 with eleven successful from sixteen made.

Christian Benteke was No.5 with nine successful out of fifteen made.

Gabby Agbonlahor, Benteke and Westwood were all joint No.2 - behind Moussa Sissoko - in chances created with two.

Lowton was No.1 for take-ons with one successful from three attempted. Vlaar, Agbonlahor and Baker were joint No.2 with one successful from one attempted.

Benteke was No.1 for shots with three in total, two on target and one goal. Andreas Weimann was No.4 with two in total and two on target. Bannan was No.5 with two in total and one on target.

Benteke was No.1 for aerial duels with nine successful from twenty attempted. Baker was No.2 with nine successful from nine attempted. Clark was No.5 with four successful from five attempted.

Villa also dominated the pass combinations. The No.1 during the match was Westwood to Lowton with twelve, joint No.2 was Bannan to Baker and Lowton to N'Zogbia with eleven.

It was a flat back 5. You can say its 3-5-2 but it wasn't because all 5 were in a line 90% of the first half.

Some of the time they were. Not all. Either way the WBs nowhere near our penalty box being defenders.

Just had a look at the maps for Baker, Vlaar and Clark - there are impressions right on the line of the penalty box. It is definitely a three man defence.

This supports both Squawka and Whoscored who list the formation as 352.

It was 352.

Some of the time they were. Not all. Either way the WBs nowhere near our penalty box being defenders.

Just had a look at the maps for Baker, Vlaar and Clark - there are impressions right on the line of the penalty box. It is definitely a three man defence.

This supports both Squawka and Whoscored who list the formation as 352.

It was 352.

Con were you at the game?

It was a flat back 5. You can say its 3-5-2 but it wasn't because all 5 were in a line 90% of the first half.

Well that's wrong for starters. Lambert moved Bennett into midfield and pushed Baker to left back about half an hour in. So about 60% of the first half.

I tend to agree. although formations change during the game

I also think there is too much put on systems and not near enough on basics.....Football Players have to win their own personal battles and that it is in the main where we fail imo.

you have to pick players up. we give teams far too much room.

Edited by TRO

too lightweight. can't put his foot in and offers zero going forward. i don't know what he is supposed to be doing.

tidy doesn't achieve anything and is usually a cover up term for ineffective

What, so the ability to keep the ball ( which no other of our midfielder's seem to be able to do consistently ) is bad? 

Also off the top of my head our 2nd goal against wba, picked up the ball about 20 yard's inside our half and with his first or second touch, fed Nzogbia with a great pass who in turn set up gabby.

And that one line proves why we will probably be relegated.

You'll have to explain that one to me. Is it because:

A ) Lambert started the game with the wrong tactic

B ) Bennett shouldn't have been on the pitch

C ) Baker isn't a left back

or a combination of all 3?

You'll have to explain that one to me. Is it because:

A ) Lambert started the game with the wrong tactic

B ) Bennett shouldn't have been on the pitch

C ) Baker isn't a left back

or a combination of all 3?

A combination of all three, my dear watson. Bennett shouldnt be at the club more like!  

Paul Lambert. 

Not much of a coach is he? 

N'Zogbia, Ireland, El Ahmadi, Holman, Bannan, Albrighton, Gabby, Bent, Clarke.... 

Are you seriously telling me that those players can't finish 12th in the league?

Everyone is waving the finger at Randy Lerner but holy crap, 23 million quid spent and we are using OUR kids and bunch of other people's maybes while the majority of Lambo's signings sit in the darkness.

BAD COACHING. 

Individual mistakes? Poor focus and low confidence. 
BAD COACHING

How did we lose to two lower teams? 
Easy, they researched and found our obvious weakness and as Villa are as predictable as a falling rain drop, not hard to turn us over and tickle our bellies. 

Bad coaching. 

Edited by spoonman
  • Like 1

N'Zogbia, Ireland, El Ahmadi, Holman, Bannan, Albrighton, Gabby, Bent, Clarke.... 

Are you seriously telling me that those players can't finish 12th in the league?

Absolutely

...we are using OUR kids and bunch of other people's maybes while the majority of Lambo's signings sit in the darkness.

What like Guzan, Lowton, Vlaar, Bennett, Westwood and Benteke

Can understand why you are only allowed a spoon ;)

Has this been posted?

Its the Sun.

They have a license to print bollox. We all know that Benteke will go to a better club and we cant defend corners, but lets get a couple of people in football saying the same, then its "bombshell at the Villa".

Honestly, 5 year olds write that shit :D

Edited by MagicMushroom