Paul Lambert

Pilchard

the manager can only work with what hes got. baker should be ashamed of himself for his marking for cisse goal. other than that newcastle didnt create **** all. ye they bossed midfield like every team does against us due to having lightweights in there.

we needed experienced players at the start of this month and im sure lambert could see that just like everyone can but the board and owner are obviously being extremely stubborn and idiotic in their strategy.

we should of won tonight. we were the better team and had some great chances if a couple of them went in it would be a different story on here but thats football for ya

Awful tactical decision first half, this 352 DOES NOT work and the team don't look comfortable with it. Far more comfortable second half with the alteration of tactics which was a good move. Needs to get gabby to say out wide though..

My mate thought that when lambert came over to holte at the end, that it was a goodbye wave, as if knowing his future doesn't lie here.. Not sure on that myself, anyone any thoughts on this?

Edited by mikeyp102

I'm confused, I was of the impression that you Mantis were one of Lamberts most prolific advocates.
If you've changed your mind, rightly so. Maybe I've misunderstood the endless discussions you've had with Big John, Morpheus and Packbuddies.
Sadly they've been spot on for the past 6 months or so, well called. Just a shame they called it right.
I still have faith in Lambert, for no obvious reason. Wasn't overly excited with the appointment, but I hope we stick with him regardless if we go down.

Quote from lambert;

"We never played well in the first half,
but I couldn't fault the players in the second half. We changed it
around. Some people can hide behind tactics, but the game is about
players.

"The first goal was really poor. But second half we looked like we
could pull it back. The response gives us hope, because it's in our
capabilities to go and do that. Credit to them [his Villa players] in
the second half. They came out and they were relentless, but it was too
little too late."

That's right it's not about tactics - what a retard! If he had of got the tactics and selection correct in the first place the players may have had a chance to win the game before it was to late.

What is really starting to bother me about this clown is the way he is now trying to deflect the criticisms of his decision making onto the players!

Quote from lambert;

"We never played well in the first half,

but I couldn't fault the players in the second half. We changed it

around. Some people can hide behind tactics, but the game is about

players.

"The first goal was really poor. But second half we looked like we

could pull it back. The response gives us hope, because it's in our

capabilities to go and do that. Credit to them [his Villa players] in

the second half. They came out and they were relentless, but it was too

little too late."

That's right it's not about tactics - what a retard! If he had of got the tactics and selection correct in the first place the players may have had a chance to win the game before it was to late.

What is really starting to bother me about this clown is the way he is now trying to deflect the criticisms of his decision making onto the players!

Yes. Me too.

It's clear that the manager and his assistants are not doing enough to put the players in a position to grind out some ugly draws and wins. Yes, he's got a skeleton crew of inexperienced youth and underperforming veteran cash vacuums. Nonetheless, we really should have more points. The Liverpool win should have been used as a springboard, but it was not, and that's down to the manager, in my opinion. Lerner is an entirely different thing, Lambert, and he'd probably be the first to admit it, has been doing a very poor job.

yeah its nothing to do with alot of the players being shite and not taking responsibility... players get away with so much while the manager takes all the criticism. he basically just toldit how it is. he plays 3 CBs in the hope it will make us harder to beat but our young CBs are crap at this stage.

we wouldnt be able to play like we did in the secondhalf every game. no team could, you would end up with countless injuries and suspensions.

our squad is shit especially in defence

God knows how he can say it is not about tactics. This is about how I saw the first half:

vLFuPM9.png

in the middle third it was 7 vs 5 so they always had free players and our CM had no chance. 2nd half we change the system to match up to them much better and it improves. Tactics.

yeah its nothing to do with alot of the players being shite and not taking responsibility... players get away with so much while the manager takes all the criticism. he basically just toldit how it is. he plays 3 CBs in the hope it will make us harder to beat but our young CBs are crap at this stage.

we wouldnt be able to play like we did in the secondhalf every game. no team could, you would end up with countless injuries and suspensions.

our squad is shit especially in defence

Yep, the players are not good enough either, as I mentioned as well...but they're not improving under Lambert, that's my point.

What chance to the CBs have? There are only three of them to cover the whole penalty area.

This graphic proves it, and the one for Lowton is exactly the same.

20r90ft.png

The smoking gun that Lambert is rubbish at tactics.

It's clear that the manager and his assistants are not doing enough to put the players in a position to grind out some ugly draws and wins..

The players are not physicly or mentally strong enough to do that. Albion, Bradford and Millwall said that.

If he goes 4-4-2, then the middle two are weak.

He has his hands tied. He can only work with what his got, which in all honesty is partly his fault.

Without anyone coming in, he needs to get Dunne back. We can then play Clark in front of Vlaar and Dunne.

Dunne won't make any difference if we continue to play 3 defenders.

The heat maps of the game prove we are playing only 3 defenders.

True.

However, i was thinking more about Clark filling the defensive midfield postion.

So then we will only have two defenders? Are you insane or have you not grasped yet what I've just said?!!

Oh, Dunne, Baker, Vlaar - that still leaves three defenders, not four.

Edited by Con

Half of our problems would be solved if we stopped playing this shit 5-x-x formation.

It sucks. Its awful. It leaves our midfield bare and provides no cover on the flanks. It literally has no uses.