Paul Lambert

Pilchard

We'll show another loss this financial year. Although a smaller one than last. It's about wages not transfer fee's people.

We are no longer operating on a loss, if we were we would be well in the shit cause I think our average wage is now 25k. Only around 5 players left on high wages. I tell ya one thing, you are gonna win **** all with players on 20k or less, so maybe we belong in the championship!!!

• Like 1

for me changing the manager is not going to make a difference as 

a. if he wont back Lambert then he isnt going to back anybody else

b. I couldnt see any manager available like Adkins and Di Matteo get anything more out of the players we have

Mourinho or Fergie would struggle to improve this team

• Like 2

Just read about Lambert completely ignoring questions from Matt Kendrick last night. 

Very unprofessional. 

His questions were apparently met with silence, 5 times. 

He needs to be careful, I suspect that kind of behaviour will alienate not just Matt, but other journalists as well. And as a manager you need friends in the media, especially the local media. 

It's at times like this that he needs a bit of support from Lerner.  I can entirely understand why Lerner might be wary of the press and may not want to speak to them, but leaving the manager to front everything is just putting more pressure on Lambert.

From what I can see, the Mail submitted six questions to Lerner and got no response.

I assume that freezing out Kendrick at the press conference was related to this (a guess).  If so, then it looks as though Lambert is being put in a difficult position, if the Mail try to ask him the questions which Lerner refuses to answer.

The role of a leader in a crisis like this is to take pressure off the operational managers, let them concentrate on sorting things out.  Fronting up the press stuff would be one way of helping to do that.  Instead, Lerner seems to be content to pile on more pressure by abdicating his own responsibilities.  That's very poor behaviour, and just makes things worse.

• Like 2

as much as I wasn't a huge fan of Collins we should have kept him as he could at least defend corners and was sometimes a threat from them, same with Cuellar who i'm sure would have taken a pay cut to stay at Villa.

I have no issue with Warnock or Hutton being sold to generate funds for new players, but it didn't happen, so all the while we are paying their wages Lambert should have kept them as part of the squad and brought Lowton and Bennett in gradually. Sending them on loan to teams that will pay a tiny percentage of their wages is a joke.

He still could bring them back into the fold, only stubborness and pride is stopping him.

I really hope Dunne is fit enough to return for Newcastle.

If we survive this season and keep the players Lambert has purchased who will continue to play in the first team Guzan, Vlaar, Lowton, Benett, Westwood and Benteke, we will need a further five players in the summer of better quality than Herd, Stevens, Baker and so on just to basically stand still since Warnock, Hutton, Dunne, Ireland and Bent will probably be gone. Then if all of those senior players are released we will then have to bring in one or two more just to fill out the squad.

Alternatively, it is still going to take one massive rebuilding job to even come back up from the Championship next season to replace those players that leave and you can probably include Benteke in that.

Whatever way you look at it, Lerner is looking at an expenditure of close to 30m in the summer with maybe only a third of that coming back in player sales and we may need more players to deal with the amount of games in the Championship.

So in the same way that our wage structure wasn't sustainable under O'Neill, Lerner's continued cost cutting exercise won't be sustainable in the Premiership or Championship and eventually he will have to spend to stop his investment from drowning.

• Like 2

The whatty what?

Just saying the +/- figure for transfer fees for the listed transfers shows we took £20m more than we spent. - which in turn was spent by Lambert pre season.

Also when it comes to the 'Downing money' or the 'Milner money', shouldn't the amount we paid for them be factored too. I'm just thinking when people moan about Lerner not putting in any dosh. I think sometimes it gets forgotten.

depends on the context of the conversation really. If we add up all the in and subtract all the out fees since Lerner walked in the door we show a loss of -£97m. (a sizeable chunk of the reported £133m owed to him by the club) maybe i should refer to it as the same figure we received some time before from the sale of Stewart Downing :) I'll find a way of linking the sale of stewart downing to Lamberts transfer kitty if it kills me :)

When are the next set of accounts due out? Would be nice to know exactly where we are on that front now, instead of all the hear say and educated guesses.

Club will probably release a statement march / april / may time for 2011/2012.

Does anyone know when the EUFA financial fair play rules are supposed to come in effect? I know we are opposing it along with Chelsea, Fulham and WBA. I'm not sure how much this has forced the clubs arm in dropping the wage bill. Im too cynical so i think if we aint turning a profit we cant make the loan repayments to the holding company! 

we carry the 4th highest debt of all the clubs after Man Utd obviously thanks to the Glaziers, Fulham and Newcastle. Ashley and Al Fayed have smaller interest repayments than randy though. at 90% of turnover our percentage of turnover spent on wages was the second highest in the league behind Man City unsurprisingly as they were the only club to show a defecit (114%)

In contrast Man Utd (ok their turnover is HUGE) showed 46% of their turnover spent on wages. Not surprisingly 4 of the 5 clubs with the biggest turnovers back the new proposals (Man Utd, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs)

Club decision. Not managers.

Whoah. What?! The club are abandoning the Mail rather than accept their right (arguably a responsibility) to ask difficult questions?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. And I am not in the least bit surprised by it.

So 2011/12 Transfer balance sheet  +20.600.800 £ (The ONLY time under Lerner we've received more than we spent) 

The only time? Apart from the previous year you mean, when we sold Milner and Young?

And the season before that the net spend was £3m.

Edited by Davkaus

All over fb and my twitter he has been sacked?

**edit looks to have started from one source and snowballed so most likely bollocks**

Edited by jim