Paul Lambert

Pilchard

How did you feel about anyone who questioned mcleish as a manager?

That was okay I suppose. Lambert though appears to dispense candy from his arse! Both have been abysmal managers for Villa for very similar reasons. Lerner can't distinguish a good scot manager from a shit one.

hopefully back to basics means Hutton, Warnock , Vlaar, Dunne across the back four as the current defenders can't defend at all.

the current defenders, of which vlaar is one, cant defend at all, so you're including vlaar in the back line that you propose to be better? :P

u can see Lambert crumbling. you can tell by the way he is on the touching and how he is in press conferences.

He needs to be careful of the touching. Following the Jimmy Saville revelations this is a 'Hot Topic'.

I'm still sat on the fence regarding Lambert. On one hand I feel sorry for him because he came in with young lads and lost a lot of experience in the summer. On the other hand, he's made some terrible decions before games and during them! Tuesday night's second half debacle just totally highlighted to me how clueless he was of how to try to win the game.

I don't know if I've ever found myself in the position before where I am not bothered whether our manager stays or goes.

I never wanted him here and have been sceptical since day 1, backed up by the shite I watched at Burton away

The guy is out of his depth and a woeful appointment as I said on here 8 months ago

We needed experience, gravitas and whisdom.

Very sad times

I have been in the RL is to blame and Lambert has tried and failed with one hand tied behind his back. I think now though that he is in total panick as the pressure has got to him, when that happens decision making goes and you saw the result the other night,

He needs to be careful of the touching. Following the Jimmy Saville revelations this is a 'Hot Topic'.

I'm still sat on the fence regarding Lambert. On one hand I feel sorry for him because he came in with young lads and lost a lot of experience in the summer. On the other hand, he's made some terrible decions before games and during them! Tuesday night's second half debacle just totally highlighted to me how clueless he was of how to try to win the game.

I don't know if I've ever found myself in the position before where I am not bothered whether our manager stays or goes.

Now then, now then. That's a dodgy comment to follow a Jimmy Saville reference..

I don't mind a proper debate and maybe I shouldn't have got personal with the fella but we started discussing one point (he was pretty much having a pop at Lambert for not signing a batch of specifically named players he mentioned and I simply informed him because of the money they'll earn at their respective clubs that wouldn't have been possibly for Villa. That arguement then changed to something else and something else again.

I stated repeatedly I could understand if he wasn't happy but maybe money played a part in a number of the signings which I believe to be the case. Why would any manager not sign experienced players on good money with a proven track record instead of buying younger players for lower leagues? It doesn't make sense! Therefore, it comes down to the financial restrictions. I'll say again the combined wage of all Lambert's summer signings would be far less than signing 3/4 players on £40,000 a week.

But every supporter has a right to be unhappy. I just thought the guy in question was being critical of something that wasn't Lambert's fault. If he wanted to have a pop at formations or systems of whatever then fine but to have a go at him for not signing specific players that he simply couldn't afford or wasn't allow to sign is ridiculous. And the point I will disagree with you the most on is Bent, Ireland and Nzogbia aren't good players - they are huge reasons why Villa are/and have struggled for several years now!

Fair enough. Just thought it was a little harsh on him though. You don't have to keep banging the drum though if somebody's not listening or your head  :bang:

Oh and the Bent, Zog and Ireland not being good players. Was that before they came to Villa to work with average at best managers or before?

Edited by avfc1982am

Lambert quote

Ahead of the trip to The Den, the manager's message was simple: "We have to start earning the right to play."

And he insists getting the basics right is something that needs to be addressed immediately.

"You have to - I don't think we are ever good enough to say we are going to play a certain style of football," said Lambert.

"We are not good enough to do that yet. You are going to have to earn the right to play against teams and compete against them.

Bad news.

We are not going to play any stylish football from now on.

Edited by Con

Henry Winter

‏@henrywinter

At Bodymoor Heath. Lambert: 'I thrive on pressure. I'm

not going to buckle. Weve got to fight like hell.' But do #avfc have enough fighters?

All these Journos are slowly starting to realise what a poor job Lambert is doing..

IMO, he isn't questioning Lambert, he's questioning the character of our players. Your seeing what you want to see.

style is largely irrelevant now, it's results that count

Agreed we can pump long ball to Benteke all match if it gets us results ,I''ll go as far as instructing the balls boys to sit on the ball to waste time if that helps !!