Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I just don't get how anyone can have this view.

Of all the shit you've not been happy to put up with over the years and yet you'd have no issue at all with the manager who relegated it us from the premier league.

Makes zero sense to me.

I know, strange isnt it!

I can't really put my finger on one reason why, just a gut feeling he is absolutely the right man. No science, no stats , just gut feel which I think is the way of most football fans

I also appreciate that others dont feel that way and I am not going to convince them, much as they wont convince me. I'm not going to get all shirty over that and make some snide back hand comments about others on here (not saying you are by the way just saying I wont be resorting to that) as they are entitled to their opinion and I wouldn't want snide comments to me much as I am entitled to my opinion.

Still we agree on one thing , Lerner out!

I can't really put my finger on one reason why, just a gut feeling he is absolutely the right man. No science, no stats , just gut feel which I think is the way of most football fans

In some respects I am inclined to agree with this. However I am starting to have serious concerens regarding Lambert and his inability to organise our defence. Game after game we make the same errors.

There is little doubt that he hasn't yet been given the backing required to put this club back on a sound footing. However he inherited enough and has spent enough to be able to ensure we are not getting anihilated by Spurs and Chelsea, embarrassed by Wigan, Bradford, Southampton (away) and not to be finding ourselves with the worst goals scored and conceded record in the league.

I just wish someone could actually explain their optimism or faith in Lambert that isnt centred around a feeling but actually give valid reasons why he is still the right person. He is failing with what he has and breaking all the wrong records. More money for players will improve our chance of survival but its not going to improve Lamberts decision making or tactics.

Take away Benteke, Lowton and Westwood what has Lambert done that is so good? Especially when you consider theres a good chance those players were advised by and recommended to him by others.

Lambert came in thinking he can do something with our team, making all sorts of promises. He bought the players, he sets them up tactically, he trains them, he selects the best teams, but still he isn't getting results. Note, surely he thought he could make a winning team out of the finances he has, or else would it have not been better staying with norwich. Im a Lambert fan but the jobs to big for him and I think he is starting to realise it!

Not our finest hour, but now is the time to keep the faith and get behind the team and manager. It doesn't look like he's going anywhere so let's at least try and create as positive an atmosphere as we can.

Paul Lambert's Claret and Blue Army!

I'll support the team but Lambert can **** off and while I do hope we can all rally round and get behind the team I think it would be utterly embarrassing if Paul Lambert's name still gets chanted at games. The fans never really got behind Houllier and I only ever recall him being backed by the fans in the first few games. Within months the banners were out and he was getting untold abuse hurled his way. Same with McLeish, although he never got supported at all (understandable). As things stand Lambert has done even worse and yet he is still getting more support than those two ever had. Edited by Mantis

In some respects I am inclined to agree with this. However I am starting to have serious concerens regarding Lambert and his inability to organise our defence. Game after game we make the same errors.

There is little doubt that he hasn't yet been given the backing required to put this club back on a sound footing. However he inherited enough and has spent enough to be able to ensure we are not getting anihilated by Spurs and Chelsea, embarrassed by Wigan, Bradford, Southampton (away) and not to be finding ourselves with the worst goals scored and conceded record in the league.

Yep, that's pretty much it.

We all knew it was a tough job but Lambert is doing much worse at it than you'd expect.

No point getting rid of Lambert now.

It would make no signings this month a certainty, and just add to the chaos at Villa Park. Last night was a terrible, terrible result but it doesn't reflect the whole season. We have actually played some very nice football under Lambert at times.

To be honest I'd probably stick with him if we went down, unless there was another manager available who would definitely be better.

The issue I have is that the results and performances are generally so far below Premier League standard it's embarrassing. I don't mind losing to Chelsea or Tottenham but they way we capitualted in those games would have meant a lynching for Houllier or McLeish.

I can't accept the 2 legs against Bradford or the home battering by Wigan at all though.

Are you not just guessing that the players are all big time charlies that lack any discipline?

I suppose I am in a way but I am basing my opinion of Nzogbia and Ireland on the way they've conducted themselves over the course of their careers. Ask Newcastle fans what they think of Nzogbia! both have been known to grace the field in Claret and Blue in the manner of Matt LeTissier at his laziest but without an ounce of his determination, goals or assists. in fairness to Nzogbia it seems like he's started to put a shift in for us - but lets face it - it's about time. Ireland is great with the ball at his feet but he wants the ball played into him and rarely goes running into channels even when the chance arises and imo a modern day forward needs a huge amount of mobility and the ability and desire. He also slows down our attack all too frequently - although he was a bit unlucky to be offside last night after bennett's little run.

Lichaj and Holman are two players I would say have limited ability on the ball compared with the rest of the squad but their evident determination endears them to the fans. In referring to them as prima donnas I was just saying i think they act as if they've acheived everything in the game when in reality at the moment it looks like they will retire and look back on fairly average careers.

Compare that with the attitude towards the game of the entire Bradford team and I truly believe it made a difference over both legs. Sure they had some luck but you make your own luck through hard work imo

What have the romans ever done for us....

That comparison would only be apt if the Romans had come over here, sowed the earth with salt, burnt everything down and then took a giant shit on the ashes before leaving. Edited by Mantis

I just wish someone could actually explain their optimism or faith in Lambert that isnt centred around a feeling but actually give valid reasons why he is still the right person. He is failing with what he has and breaking all the wrong records. More money for players will improve our chance of survival but its not going to improve Lamberts decision making or tactics.

Take away Benteke, Lowton and Westwood what has Lambert done that is so good? Especially when you consider theres a good chance those players were advised by and recommended to him by others.

Are we still classing Lowton as a good signing?

And while Westwood looks decent he doesn't have an impact in the games.

Really Benteke is the one good thing lambert has managed to do so far.

To be this much worse than last year is an amazing achievement in shitness.

Edited by Big_John_10