Paul Lambert

Pilchard

How about we stop spending more of our transfer budget sacking managers.

And where is this 'transfer budget' as I sure as hell don't see one??!!

All I see is a clueless idiot who has spunked £20mill on shyte and is breaking every record in the book for Villa's worse season in the top flight.

Lets be honest no - one expected us to keep a clean sheet tonight and we needed 3 or 4 goals to turn it round at home.

The fact that we didn't get them is why we lost that match.

What's so hard to comprehend is what happens to our players at half time in EVERY match this season?

Couldn't agree with Peter Beagrie more though on Sky just now saying that when we threw Weimann and Bent on you're expecting the likes of Nzogbia and Agbonlahor to get out wide and supply some width. Weimann gave it a go but why Clark was down the left with Delph dropping into the backline with 5 mins to go is beyond me.

Beagries point was that "that has to come from the players sometimes" and in the second half i didnt see any of them play with the same intensity. there was a good half an hour after they scored but they all seemed shellshocked. Too much whingeing from the players and not enough taking the game by the scruff of the neck (whatever that is!)

None of the players wanted the ball. The 3 or 4 strikers goal hanging in the D tells you alot about the psyche of the players imo. They need to realise you dont get the glory moments without doing the hard work to go with it.

Lack of a controlling influence in midfield is so blatant it's scary

I cant believe Lambert's told them to go out and bottle it in the second half and i don't want him out.

Shouldn't have brought bent on, buckled to crowd expectancy. Weimann would have got the goals we needed.

I don't think any of that is true. We had no supply. You can put on as many strikers as you want but if your only supply line is a diagonal ball into the box which is easily cleared, none of them will score.

You'd think after the 50th diagonal ball Lowton sent in there we might have changed the tactics. Lambert has a lot to answer for for this game I'm afraid.

O'Neill had no plan B, Lambert doesn't seem to have a plan A.

Shouldn't have brought bent on, buckled to crowd expectancy. Weimann would have got the goals we needed.

Remind me who created the second goal?

whatever you think about lambert and the previous managers we have had, the fundamental cause of our current plight is the complete capitulation by the clubs owner. Bright Future my arse. Typical American attitude, all **** talk, and when the going gets tough they **** off and leave you in the shit.

am guessing he threw all the strikers on because he thought bradford would just lump it after they scored but fair play to bradford they kept the ball well when they got it.

we still had gabby and zogbia on the pitch, dont understand why they werent on both wings.

would love to see what goes on in the dressing room at half time, its seems he has a hard time firing up the players which is what they needed. the defenders/midfielders started the second half expecting to have loads of time on the ball like in the first half but bradford stepped it up and we didnt respond.

decent experience is needed at the back. Vlaar was the only player with any out of the back 4 and 2 holding midfielders which showed big time

The first time I have ever seen Aston Villa, or any team in fact, field a formation as follows:

--------------------------------------x

-------x---------x-------------------x

------------------------------------x--x

x----x----------------x--------------x

------------x

Edited by jonno_2004