Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Are Warnock and Hutton still out of loan? If they are I guess its all about reducing the wage bill.

If we are not going to bring anyone in I'd be tempted to recall / use Hutton as a DM just to break up play. He's an evil bastard, probably just the sort of bloke we need to give us a bit of steel. Desperate times mean desperate measures and all that.

There is a risk with any signing.

Yes, but there are ways to control risk, and although i understand the appeal of signing Sissoko, i think his demands for £75k per week say an awful lot about what type of player he is.

We would do well to leave well alone and learn the lessons of the past IMO.

Yes, but there are ways to control risk, and although i understand the appeal of signing Sissoko, i think his demands for £75k per week say an awful lot about what type of player he is.

Anyone who thinks that we will be signing any players with more than 40k a week wages then you really are living in a dreamword that will turn to dissapointment.

I guess Lambert will get a one match ban for the ranting about the pen. We all know it was a dive but he can't talk like that in the media. At least the team played really well last time he was banned for a game. Let's hope they can scramble 3 points from West Brom who are also on a slide down the table.

Highly rated players from abroad will probably be well aware of the tax bracket they will be in if they move to England, hence ludicrous wage demands.

I guess Lambert will get a one match ban for the ranting about the pen. We all know it was a dive but he can't talk like that in the media. At least the team played really well last time he was banned for a game. Let's hope they can scramble 3 points from West Brom who are also on a slide down the table.

Ever one could see it was a dive however IMO Lambert laboured the point too much and should have focused on our own short comings..which are vast.

Highly rated players from abroad will probably be well aware of the tax bracket they will be in if they move to England, hence ludicrous wage demands.

The French have much higher tax on income than the UK. If anything he would keep more of his salery in this country.

The £75k thing is just another internet rumour though. Most likely it's total BS.

The French have much higher tax on income than the UK. If anything he would keep more of his salery in this country.

The £75k thing is just another internet rumour though. Most likely it's total BS.

We might disagree about a lot of things but you can beleive me on this one - I know personally and for sure that it is £3.5m fee and £75k a week

If I was going to make up an ITK I would choose something a bit more interesting than Sissoko

That's why no one has gone for him yet - Sunderland seem the team most likely to bite from what I've heard

First it was the wages and now its his mentality you are questioning.

If Lambert had signed Adam, Diame and Berbatov he wouldn't have needed to be up 'for the fight' as we would probably have been in a better position than we are now.

Even taking Berbatov out of the equation due to wages our obvious weakness in midfield would have been addressed.

Adam/Diame central midfield partnership with Ireland in the hole with Bent upfront and a decent winger purchased instead of Benteke and you think we'd still be in the bottom three?

Nope, neither do I.

Fantasy Football

No - if you are claiming that he could have bought players for the same money who are "much better" you need to name a few

So you expect me (who doesn't work for a football club, has a normal 9-5 job) to be able to name players from around the world that are available, know their value, their wage demands, etc? Ridiculous! It's not my job VillaCas, it's Lamberts, and he's paid a fortune to do it. He has scouts to send all around the world to watch football games, advise him, etc.

I would say a lot of our fans had never heard of the majority of our summer signings.

Edited by DCJonah

Lambert’s team have failed to score in seven of their last 11 league games.

^ That for me comes down to the manager, we have the players available to score goals (despite what people say) but to have that stat comes down to one man and that man is Lambert.

And you can take it to the bank that any other manager in charge right now would also see the same stats... surely all managers can't be that **** useless so it begs the question.. what else appears to be the problem??

It is clear for all to see what that is but unfortunately some posters still go on to ignore the facts and are on a wind up or quite simply not paying attention and spending too much time on football manager and getting the scenario mixed up with there fantasy.

:wave::wave::wave:look at the bigger picture!

Lambert stresses: Now is not the time to panic

Paul Lambert on the way forward.14th Jan 2013

Paul Lambert insists now is definitely not the time to panic, with a "long, long way" still to go.

Villa dropped into the bottom three following their home defeat to Southampton.

But Lambert is still extremely confident that Villa will climb the table and get away from the danger zone in the coming weeks ahead.

The boss says there will be plenty of "twists and turns" from now until the end of the season.

He said: "You can't panic. You keep going.

"There's a long, long way to go. There will be loads of twists and turns in this whole thing."

Asked why he believes Villa will push up, he continued: "I just do. I said that from day one. I just do.

"If you look at the middle of that table, there is not much in it. There are about eight or nine teams.

"The lads are extremely disappointed because we didn't deserve that.

"But like I said, you will win games when you don't deserve to and lose when you don't deserve to."

Asked whether he was worried about losing to teams in and around Villa like Wigan and Southampton, with "so-called" tougher fixtures on the horizon, he added: "I think every game is tough.

"It doesn't matter if it's Southampton, Wigan, Liverpool or Manchester United.

"I think every game is hard. I never take any game lightly. I think every game in this division is tough."

Lambert is eager to turn things around on behalf of the fantastic fans who come and cheer the team week-in and week-out.

He added: "The crowd were excellent. Oh my god. I don't know what to say to them because they have been brilliant with me and the team.

"The noise levels here at Villa Park are incredible. You just want to give them something back because they certainly need it."