Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I don't like Lerner one little bit, but to me its not a question of how much PL is backed. The problem we have now is that no-one of any note will be knocking our door down to play for us.

Lambert has to address this and get us some breathing space and some much needed credibility.

I wonder if he is regretting leaving Norwich. Without being promised a good amount of money to spend i'm failing to see the reasoning for him joining us. Maybe Randy has put in a very strict policy that the wages cannot get over x%, and Lambert thought it would be easier to shift players such as Hutton, Warnock etc. Maybe that's the reason why we're struggling to bring quality players in cos we wont pay their wages, rather than not paying the transfer fee. If that is the case Randy needs to sort his head out and just go over x% for 6months. Otherwise we're ****.

Seperate issue... why is it so hard to get rid of Hutton, Warnock and Makoun? Why do other clubs not have high earners doing nothing at the club? Other teams always manage to sell/loan their unwanted players yet we can't get rid.

Because Warnock is on a rumoured 45k/week, Hutton and Makoun 35k. Who's going to pay that? Warnock's out of contract in the summer so nobody is going to make an offer for him.

If we haven't already we should start to offer to pay a proportion of these players wages to make it more easier for clubs to buy them.

I suppose we will have our answer as to whether 'Hairyhands' does have inside information when the transfer window closes. I have been very critical of him and will retract and apologize if what he says comes to fruition that in fact we can't even afford five million for a player and if that is the case then i simply can't see how we can stay up under those constraints.

Which leads me then to why would Lambert leave Norwich for a club in a worse position and under the same constraints? I mean it's career suicide to do that. We are a bigger club than Norwich due to past history but no better off financially or indeed positionally now in the Premier League.

So why did he come to us? He must have been promised funding which 'Richard' alluded to at the start of the season. Has Lerner and the board now back tracked that promise because we are doing so badly again? Are they actually sowing the seeds for relegation and life in the Championship at best?

Is that actually what O'Neill suspected and was it indeed the catyalst for O'Neill leaving?

Lerner has sold his other club so why the constraints on our transfer budget? Is there something in his closet that we haven't heard yet or, is it simply that relegation and Championship football is acceptable to him.

Too many questions and not nearly enough answers for me.

If Lambert is running the team without enough investment then why doesn't he come out and say it. Why doesn't he state that he has to use what he has as there is no money to spend. Other managers have come out and said this in their defence.

Something just doesn't add up for me and we'll know by the end of the month.

I know me and you are quite sword on sword but I tell you what, this is one of the best posts I have ever seen you type and I 100% agree with you for once.

Too many questions with not enough answers! Well we the hard paying die hard fans that pay good money to watch what is being served up of late to us deserve answers from the very top!

Not if we get the right manager in who will then employ the right defensive coach to stop us from conceding goals.

You were doing so well Morph and then you go back to this stupidity! :bang:

Oh we should criticize alright, but aim it at the right person.

IF RL can change his mind then we should help him do this.

We have shown in the past he can listen to the crowd, signing PL is evidence of this, It is about time we backed the manager and aimed our displeasure at the people who deserve it.

I for 1 am fed up with these players on mega money who do not earn it or work for the club and even more fed up with an owner happy to see the manager take the blame,

RL should have the balls to come out and explain the reasons and take the heat off PL.

This will never happen though as he will get flown in, show his face and leg it leaving others to pick up the pieces and sort out the mess, could be guided by an American General,

Never in my 45 years following the Villa have i felt so let down.

Too damn right aswell. Enough is enough now and I have grown sick and tired the circus this club has turned into over the last 3-4 years!

Well if Lerner is not going to back Lambert in this window he has lost all sense of reality. The fans, the pundits, the media and I suspect most of the players and Lambert know we are **** unless we strengthen this window. I simply cannot believe that Lerner is gambling our future in the PL particularly given the extra money next season.

If we lose on Saturday, which I fully expect we will, it will get ugly but all hell will break lose if we come through this window and do not add some experienced players. That is when the fans will turn on Lerner big time.

Lambert's tactics have been found wanting rather a lot of times.

That's been a surprise for me.

I am worried that he hasn't had to cope with a relegation struggle as far as I can see, apart from Livingston right at the start of his career. That didn't go so well.

Listen mate, the problems with this club are alot deeper than some stupid **** tactics. Wouldn't you agree?

If Lambert has been lied to then that is totally out of order and a pure knife in the back.

We have IMO one of the best managers in the league realistically available for this club and we got him! The fans wanted him as we knew it was what we needed.

We knew we would have to get deadwood gone. We knew we would have to build slowly while suffering in the lower half for a couple of seasons,

But if what Hairy Hands is now saying is true.. promising a fat cheque infront of Lamberts eyes and a new game plan to now half way in whip it away from him.

Paul Lambert has every right to be pissed off and not look motivated as I don't give a toss who's paid what to do what. I do not condone dirty tricks and to **** over the type of manager this club needs right now more than ever is absolutely **** SUICIDAL!

This better all be a wind up and Randy does back PL and sorts this mess out because I for one would not blame Lambert for walking!

Time will tell...

Well if Lerner is not going to back Lambert in this window he has lost all sense of reality. The fans, the pundits, the media and I suspect most of the players and Lambert know we are **** unless we strengthen this window. I simply cannot believe that Lerner is gambling our future in the PL particularly given the extra money next season.

If we lose on Saturday, which I fully expect we will, it will get ugly but all hell will break lose if we come through this window and do not add some experienced players. That is when the fans will turn on Lerner big time.

Too true. I hope he is prepared for the backlash coming his way.

He has to go if we look likely to go. No 2 words against it!

If Lerner isn't going to support Lambert in this window, and we have a shit game on Saturday, I can see Lambert saying it's not worth it and jacking it in.

Yes

Another heavy defeat (which i would say is probable) - it might be in Lamberts best career interest to walk. He will I think get a favourable press - with the cost cutting of Lerner taking the heat of Lamberts short comings.

So does Lambert stay and watch his stock dip - or does he walk, take a few months out - and come back with, at worse one of the bigger championship clubs.....? its only 50/50 him staying for me.

I think we should do what those, I think it was Swedish fans did during one of their teams games and stay silent for the first few mins. Let Randy know that he is driving fans away and so he can imagine what VP would be like without our fans there.

He's being a tosser, let's let him know what we think.

Lerner needs to go.

I kind of half wish theres a way we could impeach Lerner, appoint our own Head of the Board to run the place...but still have access to Lerner's money. This could happen...right? :D

Lambert needs to stay, and he needs to be adequately backed. But he also needs to speed up in the transfer market and start rectifying some of the big mistakes he has made. Oh and perhaps show some passion when we are being battered.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Yes

Another heavy defeat (which i would say is probable) - it might be in Lamberts best career interest to walk. He will I think get a favourable press - with the cost cutting of Lerner taking the heat of Lamberts short comings.

So does Lambert stay and watch his stock dip - or does he walk, take a few months out - and come back with, at worse one of the bigger championship clubs.....? its only 50/50 him staying for me.

Yeah walking out on a contract and running away from adversity - definitely a good career move.

Lerner needs to go.

I kind of half wish theres a way we could impeach Lerner, appoint our own Head of the Board to run the place...but still have access to Lerner's money. This could happen...right? :D

I'm glad there isn't. It'd be absolutely pathetic.

I agree that Lambert should have been backed even more than he was due to the wretched state of our squad. But how many managers in the entire world of football had more money to spend this summer? 10, maybe 20?

This is by no way an endorsement of Lerner, i wholeheartedly blame him for the state we're in, but im not surprised since i've seen this coming ever since that muppet Krulak said they aimed to run this club as a business. You can't make money of a football club and also be sucessfull.

But with all that said Lambert spent his money ( and £20 something million is a lot) on young unproven players who as it turned out was not ready for the PL yet

Edited by sne

Yeah, cheer Lambert on but boo the guy that brought him here.. makes sense...

I think the fans brought him here more than Lerner did, if we didn't cheer away at Carrow Road we probably would have ended up with Curbishley knowing Lerner's track record.The bloke is a moron who hasn't got a clue how to run this club and I think it's time for him to sell.

I think the fans brought him here more than Lerner did, if we didn't cheer away at Carrow Road we probably would have ended up with Curbishley knowing Lerner's track record.The bloke is a moron who hasn't got a clue how to run this club and I think it's time for him to sell.

Yeah I remember us all drafting the contract and approaching his agent - boy, what a day that was.

Ha, yeah I obviously wasnt being serious. But I dont think Lerner is fit to run the place and nor is Faulkner.

Nobody really knows anything about what Faulker does and doesn't do - it's all hearsay and rumour. Lerner is currently paying for the mistake of hiring McLeish but got Lambert in and has backed him accordingly so far.