Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I like Lambert.

The problem is OUR PLAYERS ARE TERRIBLE. Is Curbishley going to make Clark and Baker into players who can actually win a header? Will he make Bannan and Delph not shit? Maybe he'll turn Herd into the next Sergio Busquets. No, he won't.

What we need is to sign players, at least 4-5 defenders and midfielders

Skybet have him at 5/6. I would be surprised to see him go if im honest. We had to do a lot to get him and mcleish stayed till the end of the season why wouldnt lambert?

What does less damage to Lamberts career ? - Being in charge of an Aston Villa side that gets walloped every week between now and May ? - or walking quietly away knowing that at least some of the blame will go to the clubs owners. Self preservation he will walk if loose Saturday

[it will be a first, in 40 years of watching villa, if he turns this round.]

No composure, no confidence and even more important no conviction.

They look like the weight of the clubs tradition/expectation is weighing them down.

I have a real worry for Lambert... while everyone wants to support him this semi arrogant cop out style of not wanting/needing to explain is wearing thin.

Bobby Robson in his hey day would be telling you chapter and verse and giving you a running commentary where things are going wrong ( not that we can't see it, but reassuring that he knows too).

All this has come about off the back of a super confidence boosting away victory at Anfield.... so something somewhere is drastically awry.

We all know we are work in progress, but perhaps what we don't know is how many in experienced players does it take to formulate a complete collapse in basics.

I have a horrible feeling that whilst we all know what we are up against in terms of transition..... we are getting bashed up by almost anybody....and the defending is school like.

something has a very bad smell about it.

What you are sometimes hoping for in these situations is a reaction of some sort. what I am tad suspicious of right now is that it ain't in them.

Edited by TRO

As bad as tonight was, and I am pissed off as it was a disgrace, changing the manager is not the answer

Whilst I kind of agree with you Rich, it doesn't help his case when a team comprising of Given, Bent, Agbonlahor & N'Zogbia goes to a League Two side and lose 3-1 in the manner we did tonight. It gets harder to defend him. A lot of that side came close to beating Man Utd a few weeks ago and also got a draw against Arsenal and a win at Liverpool. They have proven they can do well but the humiliating defeats that have suffered since have taken their toll on the players. That's where the manager and his staff have to step up and get them performing again. They've shown nothing since the Chelsea defeat that suggests they will turn it around.

I really hope he doesn't keep on getting his name sung by the fans now. Houllier and McLeish (as much as I hated the latter) never got this kind of support from the fans and if either of them had presided over tonight's result literally everyone would be calling for their heads.

The problem is Aston Villa, not Paul Lambert.

I'm sorry but Lambert is far from blameless here. The club in general is a problem yes (we're on our **** knees) but Lambert is also part of the problem at the moment. Unfortunately, there aren't really any alternatives at the moment. Can't really think of a decent manager out of a job that would be interested and we're in the middle of the January transfer window. Get rid of Lambert and we're pretty much guaranteed to sign nobody. But again, this can't go on and if we lose to Southampton in this sort of manner he can't stay.

Again his signings are being talked up.

He signed 3 defenders and made us the worst defensive team in the league.

KEA has been garbage and while Westwood looks a decent player he has little to no impact on a game.

Benteke is a good signing.

Lambert may turn out to be good but he also wouldn't be the first person in football to have a few good years and drop down.

I don't think after the season so far anyone can argue that Lambert's guaranteed to be a success here.

As bad as tonight was, and I am pissed off as it was a disgrace, changing the manager is not the answer

I think you're right. Any manager could be in charge of our current squad and they'd be having problems. The squad is woeful. It seriously needs major investment. I hope you're right about Lerner Richard, I really am.

I think everyone accepts how poor the squad is but as far as motivating is concerned Lambert is doing an absolutely shit job. Also, he comes across as very tactically naive to me. Everybody could see that Bradford would be a threat from corners and yet clearly nothing was done on the training ground because all 3 goals we conceded were the direct result of a corner or the failure to clear it properly.

After all these poor defeats and poor performances, why does he insist on saying "Can't fault the effort" in every post match interview!?! It just makes me even more fuming than I already am! How the **** can you not fault the effort? I'm not expecting him to stand there in front of the cameras and lay into or single out any players but does he really think that all of these players are pulling their weight and giving their all for the cause? Surely he's not that deluded? Surely? Realistically, I wanted Lambert to become our manager and I was happy when he did. How quickly things change...

I understand that Lambert can't play for them and he also has a certain responsibility to protect them.

but somewhere along the line he needs to give us a crumb of comfort that he is in some kind of control and he has an idea whats going on.

I have watched kids develop before.... right now we have gone seriously backwards in that development.

I know most fans from other clubs must be laughing at us but I imagine Norwich fans are absolutely pissing themselves with how things have turned out.

Lambert and more importantly Lerner have 3 weeks to save our season.

id say they have until Friday to save our season because if we don't beat Southampton were as good as down

Get your **** chequebook out Lerner and back the lamb you put in charge otherwise he's going to be slaughtered