Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert has looked pathetic on the bence on numerous occasions this season

watch him carefully next time

hes on his feet when we are level or 1-0 down

as soon as we go to shit even more his arse hits the bench

motivator?

thought he was but clearly isnt

He's not the man I thought we were getting.

He's done nothing to improve us one bit.

The defending is worse since he came, the attaching is worse since he came and the style of play hasn't improved much at all.

I haven't seen our players improve from his coaching or any evidence of this supposed tactical knowledge he is meant to have.

He's been a massive let down for me.

I don't think he was backed enough, I think he inherited a poor squad but ultimately he is currently doing a piss poor job as manager of Aston Villa.

What did he have to say after the match?

I don't see any point keeping him any longer. Have we improved under him? No

We are on a downward spiral with this clueless clown in charge.

I've supported him but struggling to justify it still. I'll decide at the end of Jan, signings are crucial and I hope he spends he whole day tomorrow on the phone bring in a new centre back and centre mid. If we get to the end of Jan and this hasn't been done then I can't support him. Going out over 2 legs to Bradford would be worse than any cup upset I've witnessed as a villa fan. I believe he broke another record tonight ofnus losing to a 4th tier club in the cup for the first time in years.

No one was more excited than me when we signed Lambert. The one fly in the ointment was his questionable defensive stats - sadly thats come back to haunt us.

Ive said before, making Clark a first choice CB was risky (as is any young CB TBH). He just has no outstanding qualities, not good in the air, not robust in the tackle, doesn't read the game that well, - it worries that PL couldn't see that.

He's not the man I thought we were getting.

I have to say, that's exactly what i'm starting to think. I certainly didn't think i'd see a result this bloody awful with him in charge.

Far, far worse than the Chelsea result imo. :(

Edited by Designer1

He best do some serious investing this january! I think i remember reading an article where PL says that he doesn't like the january transfer window because it is at time for panic buys. Well Mr Lambert if this isn't a time to **** panic can you please tell me when?

This past few years our clubs reputation has taken a complete bettering and we are turning into a laughing stock.

SORT IT OUT, before villa park turns into an empty souless shell!

Lambert cannot be this bad. The fans love him and are supporting him so I guess he will get 4-5 matches to turn this around still.

Depends what happens in those matches. a 0-3 , 0-4 v Southampton is entirely feasible. I reckon he could walk after that. Even if he doesn't - its when, not if for me.

The problem is we've spent so much money paying off managers recently and we're in a really difficult situation here right in the January transfer window that any new manager that comes in won't be able to do much. That said, I'm really starting to fall on the side of the people that want him out. Enough is enough.

If we play like that and lose on Saturday then he has to go.

I expect us to get battered by Soton and the fans turn and he walks or is pushed.Can not see how in 4 days he can sort that team out for Saturday.

**** knows what happened to the Lambert at Norwich but he is not the one we got

No one was more excited than me when we signed Lambert. The one fly in the ointment was his questionable defensive stats - sadly thats come back to haunt us.

Ive said before, making Clark a first choice CB was risky (as is any young CB TBH). He just has no outstanding qualities, not good in the air, not robust in the tackle, doesn't read the game that well, - it worries that PL couldn't see that.

Clark reminds me of Ridgewell. I'd stick him at left back when Vlaars back. He might make an average left back but he's not a centre back.

It feels like Bolton last season. We all knew the manager was going.

Sad thing for me, I know everyone is screaming @ bennet & KEA - but lambert does appear to be able to spot a player. Lowton, Westwood, Bentekke are easily worth what we paid. His gross error IMO was the centre of defence - you just can't get away with it there - you need someone who knows what they are doing.

I have to say, that's exactly what i'm starting to think. I certainly didn't think i'd see a result this bloody awful with him in charge.

Far, far worse than the Chelsea result imo. :(

Completely agree. He is definitely not the manager I thought he was. It's so shit being a Vills fan.