Paul Lambert

Pilchard

No goals scored in October, four in the past seven games, three of those in one single game.

So now we can't defend, or score goals. Doesn't look good, does it?

This was always the problem with solely relying on the front three to score goals. They were always going to go through dry spells and the goals have never looked like coming from elsewhere.

• Like 1

People hiding behind the money again when Swansea and Southampton spent the same and play better football with better results.

Well that's rubbish.

How much did Bony cost compared to what we spent?

Bony? Mmmmm

People hiding behind the money again when Swansea and Southampton spent the same and play better football with better results.

They've both spent way more than us this summer

Soton have spent an absolute fortune

• Like 1

So if I read this right, the board are crap because they appointed Houllier and McLeish (but we can forget they appointed Lambert)

also Lambert would be OK if he could spend a loads more money. Doesn't that make him just a cheque book manager then?

It's all very confusing, I suppose we have a nice tunnel and letter from him though - marks of one of the best managers of his or any generation I would say.

By the way all bad records, defeats etc are banished and shall never be talked about unless bringing up the subject of transfer funds ......

• Like 2

Because they got into  good positions in the league playing great football and strengthened..Doubt they spent that much more than us anyway.

Four defeats out of five at home simply isn't good enough, sort it out Lambert!

We have played Liverpool, Spurs, Man City, Everton and Newcastle.  Pretty sure at the start of the season nobody would expect us to get much out of them games apart from Newcastle.

If you add in our away games before today we have played 8 teams who are in the top 10 and only 1 from the bottom half of the table. Lets see how we do against Crystal Palace, Sunderland and West Ham and West Brom before we start to panic, our run of games now is pretty good until the new year.

**** me, we were AT HOME! We aren't Walsall, of course we should expect more from those games at HOME.

Talk about lowering expectations. You should ALWAYS fancy getting something from home games whoever you are playing against. If you'd said those teams AWAY from home fair enough, but come off it

You can expect to maybe get something I agree but these games wont make or break our season. We got something against Man City but not getting anything from teams who are top 6 isn't exactly surprising.

Because they got into  good positions in the league playing great football and strengthened..Doubt they spent that much more than us anyway.

Southampton spent over £30m

He's proven to be a fairly savvy manager in the transfer market

Bennett, Kozak, Tonev, Helenuis (so good we bought another striker without playing him) all say Hi.

Yes, fairly savvy. Benteke, Vlaar, Bacuna, Lowton, Okore, and Luna have been good signings, to varying degrees, obviously. The verdict is still out on Tonev, Helenius and Kozak, but then they've not really had much time to prove themselves, have they.

• Like 1

Southampton have signed the following

Osvaldo = £13m

Wanyama = £12m

Lovren = £8m

Swansea have signed the following

Bony = £12m

Shelvey = £6m

Source www.transfermarkt.co.uk

So in summary, they've both spent way more than us. End of argument

He's proven to be a fairly savvy manager in the transfer market

Bennett, Kozak, Tonev, Helenuis (so good we bought another striker without playing him) all say Hi.

Yes, fairly savvy. Benteke, Vlaar, Bacuna, Lowton, Okore, and Luna have been good signings, to varying degrees, obviously. The verdict is still out on Tonev, Helenius and Kozak, but then they've not really had much time to prove themselves, have they.

The problem with varying degrees,is, it can span 0 to 100 and on any given Saturday you could see the good and the bad,apart from okore every one of those players has been called useless at some point.

So if I read this right, the board are crap because they appointed Houllier and McLeish (but we can forget they appointed Lambert)

also Lambert would be OK if he could spend a loads more money. Doesn't that make him just a cheque book manager then?

It's all very confusing, I suppose we have a nice tunnel and letter from him though - marks of one of the best managers of his or any generation I would say.

By the way all bad records, defeats etc are banished and shall never be talked about unless bringing up the subject of transfer funds ......

What's confusing?

The owner has been awful, making decisions that saw us drop and now the limitations in place would make any managers job difficult.