Paul Lambert

Pilchard

There's no point turning on lambert. He showed at the end of last year that he can get us playing.

Does anyone really think that while Lerner is in charge that things will be much different if we replaced lambert?

While Lerner is in charge nothing will get better even if we have one of the best managers in the world. I really can't see anything changing for atlest 2 seasons while the kids we have get a bit wiser or Lerner sells up or splashes the cash.

I don't think it's right to keep any manager on the assumption that based on the conditions here no-one would do any better. Nobody can possibly know that and what are you basing that assumption on?

Lambert's one major success here has been the signing of Benteke but for whatever the reason, he has also presided over records that no manager would want on their CV plus tactics and signing players which very nearly relegated us last season.

Now you'll have to excuse me but at the moment any new manager coming in here wouldn't really have a lot to beat player or result wise would he and it never ceases to amaze me that while Lerner continues to be blamed for lack of funding Lambert generally is excused due to that fact while our style of football and results have with the odd exception been woefully poor.

I don't think it's right to keep any manager on the assumption that based on the conditions here no-one would do any better. Nobody can possibly know that and what are you basing that assumption on?

Lambert's one major success here has been the signing of Benteke but for whatever the reason, he has also presided over records that no manager would want on their CV plus tactics and signing players which very nearly relegated us last season.

Now you'll have to excuse me but at the moment any new manager coming in here wouldn't really have a lot to beat player or result wise would he and it never ceases to amaze me that while Lerner continues to be blamed for lack of funding Lambert generally is excused due to that fact while our style of football and results have with the odd exception been woefully poor.

I agree with the first but Lambert doesn't deserve to be sacked either. He's really not doing that bad a bad job.

May have been said already but I can't be bothered to trawl through pages and pages on this site but with 4 defeats out of our last 5 home games, only 4 goals scored in our last 7 league games (3 of those in the same game against Man City) and only 10 home league victories out of our last 43 home league games it is plainly obvious that the succession of half arsed managers employed by Lerner and Faulkner are clearly not up to the job and this season is panning out as dull and pathetic as the previous 3 seasons.

Glad I gave up my season ticket after 7 years because another season of watching us struggle against relegation whilst the likes of Southampton (who were in League 1 a few seasons ago) stride past us and would consider it a 'points in the bag' game when they face us is just too much to take.

Out of curiosity who would you like to see replace Lambert?

It doesn't matter who I would like. What matters is getting the right structure at VP from the owner down through the higher echelons and team manager to the coaching staff. It is clearly deficient otherwise a fourth season of the same old shit would not be occurring.

Edited by pacbuddies

I agree with the first but Lambert doesn't deserve to be sacked either. He's really not doing that bad a bad job.

For once we agree on something and lets hope we start picking up points in the next set of fixtures but if there is another downward spiral by Christmas then I'm not so sure the patience of the fanbase will hold.

It's way too early to be claiming that this season is a repeat of last season.

When I have seen the same pattern emerge for 3 seasons on the bounce it makes it a little easier to see the pattern. You know how it works, at the start of the season some people are optimistic for the season but by the end of the season they start to realise that their optimism was unfounded. It's de ja vu all over again! LOL

When I have seen the same pattern emerge for 3 seasons on the bounce it makes it a little easier to see the pattern. You know how it works, at the start of the season some people are optimistic for the season but by the end of the season they start to realise that their optimism was unfounded. It's de ja vu all over again! LOL

What's that got to do with this season?

Mmmmm.....what has the pattern of the last 3 seasons got to do with the pattern emerging this season? I'll let you work it out.

Meanwhile I would love to be wrong this season as it would mean that Villa have done better than I expect them to and I can cope with being wrong once in 4 years.

Mmmmm.....what has the pattern of the last 3 seasons got to do with the pattern emerging this season? I'll let you work it out.

Meanwhile I would love to be wrong this season as it would mean that Villa have done better than I expect them to and I can cope with being wrong once in 4 years.

And what "pattern" is emerging this season?

If it is true with regards to the Barry saga it's a massive mistake, Barry to me is one of Villa's best recent player and to me at least a bit of a legend. He'd probably have had a big impact on our team, not only because he's a great midfielder, but because he would undoubtedly have the club close to his heart. He would therefore be fantastic to have in the dressing room. Big mistake by Lambert if that is true. Anyway there's mixed reaction to the game we had today, a game which I didn't see so I'm still in support that Lambert is a good man for the job

I would bet my last penny that Lambert would want a player as good as Barry in the team but was put off by his wage demands. You can blame Lerner for that.

Bargain basement - that's where Villa shop these days.

Lerner cant surely be blamed for Barry being on 110k a week

If it is true with regards to the Barry saga it's a massive mistake, Barry to me is one of Villa's best recent player and to me at least a bit of a legend. He'd probably have had a big impact on our team, not only because he's a great midfielder, but because he would undoubtedly have the club close to his heart. He would therefore be fantastic to have in the dressing room. Big mistake by Lambert if that is true. Anyway there's mixed reaction to the game we had today, a game which I didn't see so I'm still in support that Lambert is a good man for the job

I would bet my last penny that Lambert would want a player as good as Barry in the team but was put off by his wage demands. You can blame Lerner for that.

Man City were supposedly prepared to pay his wages

Of course you can. I blame him for the World Wars too.

Losing 4 out of our 5 home games, scoring 4 goals in 7 matches (3 of them in the same game against Man City) being powder puff in attack and can hardly buy a clean sheet!

Does this sound familiar?

Losing 4 out of our 5 home games, scoring 4 goals in 7 matches (3 of them in the same game against Man City) being powder puff in attack and can hardly buy a clean sheet!

3 of those losses against Liverpool, Everton and Spurs. We've played Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton already this season and yet have got almost double the points that we had at this stage last season. So no, doesn't sound that familiar.

Whatever happened to perspective?

Edited by Mantis

Man City were supposedly prepared to pay his wages

dont see it myself, apparently as i read that Everton are paying nearly 70k of his salary

Exactly. No one is disputing our home form is poor but we've played all the top sides bar United. The next 7 fixtures will define our season far more.

3 of those losses against Liverpool, Everton and Spurs. We've played Chelsea, Arsenal, Man City, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton already this season and yet have got almost double the points that we had at this stage last season. So no, doesn't sound that familiar.

Ok you go your usual way and I'll go mine. I know that I will admit that I am wrong at the end of the season if the evidence proves it.

Ok you go your usual way and I'll go mine. I know that I will admit that I am wrong at the end of the season if the evidence proves it.

And what is "my way"?

And so will I, like how I admitted I was wrong about Lambert not being able to turn it around last season.