Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Those blaming it on Lerner are just ignorant towards the situation. Educate yourselves on what he spent and the losses we were making, you might have change your mind then. Anyway, I'll put it into very simplistic terms so people understand.

£180 million outstanding repayable to Randy's holding company. (2% interest payable which he waived last financial year)

2010/2012 £53.9m loss

2011/2012 £17.7m loss

2012/2013 - announced early next spring...should be even or back in the green.

So lets ask you now, do you still want Randy to pour money into the club? It's a business for him, not a game. Nobody would buy the club off him whilst we were losing money either.

and the appointments of GH and Big Eck were inspired decisions weren't they.

In terms of the question about still wanting him to pour money into the club, the answer is yes, or at least to put in more than he has in recent times, it may be a business to him but it's not to the fans, if he can't fulfil fan expectation he should simply leave.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

So... this is what will happen...

Sack Lambert, new coach comes in, another few years of rebuilding on limited budgets, results and investment are on the same level - poor - so the next man gets sacked, we emply somebody else, a few more years of this "rebuilding" on limited budgets, the results and investment are on the same level, poor.

Each time the manager is blamed and each time the "rebuilding phase" line is rolled out and each time it will be accepted because it's "Not Lerner who chooses the team"

The only thing wrong with what you have said is that we won't be on the same level, we will be relegated and at a lower level if the trend continues. 

• Like 1

Pretty sure Lerner didn't pick the team, which was at fault today. How Weimann and Westwood started is beyond me and they were both awful.

We have Gabby and Andi playing wide a lot of the time and while Gabby is okay there neither are wingers, both are strikers. We have Baker playing left back and offers us nothing there at all. Square pegs in round holes come to mind, no real width and no quality to play through the middle.

Those blaming it on Lerner are just ignorant towards the situation. Educate yourselves on what he spent and the losses we were making, you might have change your mind then. Anyway, I'll put it into very simplistic terms so people understand.

£180 million outstanding repayable to Randy's holding company. (2% interest payable which he waived last financial year)

2010/2012 £53.9m loss

2011/2012 £17.7m loss

2012/2013 - announced early next spring...should be even or back in the green.

So lets ask you now, do you still want Randy to pour money into the club? It's a business for him, not a game. Nobody would buy the club off him whilst we were losing money either.

and the appointments of GH and Big Eck were inspired decisions weren't they.

Don't forget the signing of Steven Ireland!

Sack Lambert, new coach comes in, another few years of rebuilding on limited budgets, results and investment are on the same level - poor - so the next man gets sacked, we emply somebody else, a few more years of this "rebuilding" on limited budgets, the results and investment are on the same level, poor.

Each time the manager is blamed and each time the "rebuilding phase" line is rolled out and each time it will be accepted because it's "Not Lerner who chooses the team"

But and this is a real key point, Lambert has shown little / none of the attributes needed to create anything out of what is a pretty poor hand that Lerner has dealt him.

His record is actually very poor all round. Last year was bad in so many ways and the some say fluke results against Man City and Arsenal are masking a continuation of those bad traits that affected us so badly last year

Westwood and Lowton proved to be good signings last year, Benteke was on another level, Okore is very highly rated (unfortunate injury) Bacuna has looked very good, Luna has shone more often than not, Tonev has been poor so far but I guess that is to be expected.

For the very small amount Lambert is allowed for fees and for the very small amount he can offer on wages, he has done an outstanding job. You only have to look at what other teams - smaller than us - are offering (Swansea, Southampton, Cardiff etc) and you can see that the budget Lerner has given Lambert is miles away from what other teams are spending to compete and move forwards.

Blaming lambert for today is just wrong, IMO. Before the first goal went in, we matched everton. A team who have spent far, far more money than us.

I knew it would only be a matter of time before that line was rolled out. We shouldn't even expect a result against Everton at home now...

Blaming lambert for today is just wrong, IMO. Before the first goal went in, we matched everton. A team who have spent far, far more money than us.

They really haven't though.

I'd argue they offer a lot more in wages.

They really haven't though.

They havent, they've just bought much much better than us over the past few years.

• Like 1

This so called transitional phase, this so called project will all come crashing down when we sell Benteke next summer and probably get relegated not long after. What team would honestly be fearful against playing against our defence/midfield or attack without him ?. It's all so very very average in every way (Guzan excepted)

I doubt any of us really believe we'd spend the money coming in on any genuine quality replacement(s)

Its all very depressing

Still think moving Baker to left back was silly. He was doing decent during the first half. Lowton should have came on.

at left back ? bit of a bizzare one that

This so called transitional phase, this so called project will all come crashing down when we sell Benteke next summer and probably get relegated not long after. What team would honestly be fearful against playing against our defence/midfield or attack without him ?. It's all so very very average in every way (Guzan excepted)

I doubt any of us really believe we'd spend the money coming in on any genuine quality replacement(s)

Its all very depressing

I'd guess we will see less than half and this will be to spend on the team (attacking midfielder, winger...) so once again we will have to shop cheap to get the most out of it.

But and this is a real key point, Lambert has shown little / none of the attributes needed to create anything out of what is a pretty poor hand that Lerner has dealt him.

His record is actually very poor all round. Last year was bad in so many ways and the some say fluke results against Man City and Arsenal are masking a continuation of those bad traits that affected us so badly last year

Westwood and Lowton proved to be good signings last year, Benteke was on another level, Okore is very highly rated (unfortunate injury) Bacuna has looked very good, Luna has shone more often than not, Tonev has been poor so far but I guess that is to be expected.

For the very small amount Lambert is allowed for fees and for the very small amount he can offer on wages, he has done an outstanding job. You only have to look at what other teams - smaller than us - are offering (Swansea, Southampton, Cardiff etc) and you can see that the budget Lerner has given Lambert is miles away from what other teams are spending to compete and move forwards.

I think you are bigging up some of the players slightly there, but that is not an exact science for either of us, its opinions.

Re Lambert though, even if the players are as good as you are making, then why do we find ourselves in the same issues as we had last year. So many times I was told last year it was due to "bad eggs" like Ireland, Hutton, Dunne etc at the club. What we are witnessing again is a repetition of the same type of performance that we had last year and that nearly got us relegated - let alone the long list of bad performance records we hit. The home form again is appalling and that falls firmly into the Lambert area of responsibility. 

I think that Randy does need to move on because he is hindering the club, but the emperors new clothes mentality re Lambert from some of the fans is quite worrying because when they realise what he really is about it will be too late for us

Its all very depressing

I'd guess we will see less than half and this will be to spend on the team (attacking midfielder, winger...) so once again we will have to shop cheap to get the most out of it.

and we wont have a proven goalscorer coming in to replace the big man that's a certainty. its the Villa way. 

I knew there was going to be an overreaction but this is just lol. We deserved to win this game, but the more clinical team won in the end.

No we didn't. We were better in the first half and completely impotent in the second. When it was 0-0 and a stalemate, Martinez brought on Osman whilst Lambert just twiddled his thumbs. 

We were much more dominant in the second half, even though we didn't have as many clear-cut chances. Martinez made a response to our ascendancy, why would Lambert change anything if we looked the likelier of the 2 teams to score?