Paul Lambert

Pilchard

This whole back to Guzan and long stuff has to stop, our back line are too deep and not wide enough, fair enough at times we have to go back to B.G. but why can't the full backs push wide or centre mid drop and look for it, if we win a header we seem to get put under pressure and in an attempt to retain go back to B.G. the only time we look dangerous is when we make an interception. 

Fair play we won though it wasn't particularly pretty. We've played a lot better and got nothing so I'll take the 3 points.

Curious that Gabby was subbed off but he didn't look unhappy coming off so I guess he picked up a knock

Defeat against Newcastle, as bad a weekend as it was with okore also getting injured, did not totally blow a whole in his transfer dealings. And victory against Norwich does not totally vindicate transfer dealings meaning no one can criticise them, HOWEVER, we played a game yesterday without lowton, Westwood and (for the majority of it) benteke. Just imagine if you will being in that position last year? Who would we have brought in? Hutton, Bannan and Bowery perhaps? Would we have then gone on to score and win a game?

Well we did yesterday and each summer signing for the positions we had to replace players did decent jobs bacuna the best (with everybody shitting it in the summer that we had no cover for lowton and how lambert had **** up big style not getting that cover!) Kozak scoring (with everyone saying there was no need to get another striker cover and he should have spent the money elsewhere) and tonev looking decent in the middle too.

Sure I would have liked a new cb signing but perhaps the manager knows a little better than me considering he sees the players in training and works with them.

So following the stick he got last week over his transfer dealings I'd like to redress the balance and just say, the majority of his transfer dealings in the summer contributed hugely to a win for us yesterday (and that is taking nothing away from Bradley in goal)

• Like 4

Our lack of quality in central midfield and defence will continue to cost us until it is addressed and if it is not then it may eventually be Lambert's downfall.

That's a bit trite, as we arguably have world class players in goal and up front and you've identified every other area as in need of improvement. Yes, it'll cost us points not having world class players available in every position but very few teams do have world class players in all positions.

The only players we have that actually makes me nervous when we play (as in I'd like reinforcement in January unless things improve in the coming months) is left back, because I'm not convinced by Luna nor Bennett defensively yet.

EDIT - to clarify, the term "world class" in this instance used to mean "Champions-league class", so essentially a player most teams would covet.

Edited by Panto_Villan

I dunno, I'm not sure he gets a free ride if we do badly this year because he's brought in most of the squad himself now. However I think we have decent materials to work with and I think we'll do fine.

The squad could be improved but my point was there's not many players in the team that you look at and think "well, they're terrible" any more - and if you do find one, we generally have competent cover for them.

Defeat against Newcastle, as bad a weekend as it was with okore also getting injured, did not totally blow a whole in his transfer dealings. And victory against Norwich does not totally vindicate transfer dealings meaning no one can criticise them, HOWEVER, we played a game yesterday without lowton, Westwood and (for the majority of it) benteke. Just imagine if you will being in that position last year? Who would we have brought in? Hutton, Bannan and Bowery perhaps? Would we have then gone on to score and win a game?

Well we did yesterday and each summer signing for the positions we had to replace players did decent jobs bacuna the best (with everybody shitting it in the summer that we had no cover for lowton and how lambert had **** up big style not getting that cover!) Kozak scoring (with everyone saying there was no need to get another striker cover and he should have spent the money elsewhere) and tonev looking decent in the middle too.

Sure I would have liked a new cb signing but perhaps the manager knows a little better than me considering he sees the players in training and works with them.

So following the stick he got last week over his transfer dealings I'd like to redress the balance and just say, the majority of his transfer dealings in the summer contributed hugely to a win for us yesterday (and that is taking nothing away from Bradley in goal)

That's all right then. We can all breathe easily again. Nothing to worry about after all.

Am I in the complete minority here that I thought the performance was largely hopeless despite the 3 points?

I don't think it was particularly good either. Gritty, yes but lacked many genuine quality passages of play. Having said that, we do seem to be grinding out results in away games these days, so you can't complain too much.

The test for Lambert is too improve the team's showing at home. The result against Norwich was never going to really prove anything as we were all content with our away form anyway.

Am I in the complete minority here that I thought the performance was largely hopeless despite the 3 points?

I don't think it was particularly good either. Gritty, yes but lacked many genuine quality passages of play. Having said that, we do seem to be grinding out results in away games these days, so you can't complain too much.

The test for Lambert is too improve the team's showing at home. The result against Norwich was never going to really prove anything as we were all content with our away form anyway.

I've read and agreed with a lot of your posts recently, this is another. Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1