• Albrighton
    • Delph
    • Bannan
    • Bent
    • Bowery
    • Weimann (for Albrighton 43)
    • Agbonlahor (for Bowery 62)
    • Ireland (for N'Zgobia 82)

Highlights on itv at 11, I say highlights, I mean 30 seconds of action from the game in a round up inbetween extended highlights of the 2 games itv have already broadcast in full today, all with expert punditry from strachan and southgate, presented by the potato faced knob Adrian chiles.

• Like 3

Just back from the game, great to see a traditional 442 line up, great to see Gabby Zog and Bent back + Baker and most of all great to see us win. How good does it feel when we win.

Just back from the game, great to see a traditional 442 line up, great to see Gabby Zog and Bent back + Baker and most of all great to see us win. How good does it feel when we win.

Seemed more like a 4-2-3-1 to me. Bent was up top alone and Bowery hugged the left touchline for some reason .

N'Zogbia had a decent game, which is rare. Bennett did good. Lichaj didn't have the best game. Glad we came away with the win after being 1-0 down. Special mention for Bowery, did his job well for a youngster and playing on the wing. Got some really good shots off and was unlucky not to score.

Edited by Daniel

A good result, not many negatives. Players who needed to put their hand up today did, good to see players coming back from injuries as well. We need as many injury free as possible. Bent, Nzogbia, Given among a few all did very well, despite the fact they are rumoured to be on their way out.

Is it enough to change Lambert's mind and play the more expierenced players, who knows, but the rate we've been losing and conceding goals, anything's possible and everyone is replaceable.

Edited by KobiV

It was only like that in the first half really. We seemed to go with the Chelsea 4-2-3-1 when Andi came on, but switched back for the last ten minutes or so when Gabby and Ireland had been brought on.

I thought we were good value today, looked a bit shaky at times in the first half but I guess as you might expect in a Premier League vs Championship game all the best players on the pitch were wearing Villa shirts. I was surprised N'Zogbia went off when he did as he was having a very good game, Bent definitely looked up for it, Delph bossed central midfield (not that he had much opposition, Reo Coker was anonymous for them) and Bowrey had a very promising showing. Andi Weimann though? Definitely the best player at Villa Park at the moment, he is a superb footballer. Great goal, but his awareness and all round play are a delight to watch at times. For a young lad he reads the game incredibly well.

Didn't watch it so I won't comment on individual performances. Today was very important to get some stability in the team ahead of Tuesday night and to regain confidence. Coming from behind to win will certainly have had that effect. Glad Bent played, I don't think his days at Villa Park are over yet.

4-2-3-1 from start to finish.

Given - 7 - Made a great save at 1-0 to keep it that way and then a good one toward the end to keep us ahead.

Lichaj - 5 - Never really got into it.

Clark - 6 - Looked happier with Baker next to him.

Baker - 6 - Looked okay, neither centre half really made an error or did anything outstanding - that's good.

Bennett - 7 - Had a very good game and attacked really well, particularly in the second half. He's naturally very good coming forward, so the more of that we do, the better he'll look.

Delph - 6 - energetic but not quite controlled - he has to work really hard to keep the ball some times - but he did make a number of nice little bursts forward.

Bannan - 7 - Knitted everything together, managed the team from the middle of the park and worked his socks off.

Albrighton - 4 - did very little and couldn't seem to find his place in this shape.

Bowery - 6 - A left winger he's not - but he put in a good shift, hustled, bustled and showed that there's a bit about him - I like him, but I'm still not quite sure if I like him just because he's big and strong and no other bugger in our side is.

N'Zogbia - 7 - looked lively down the middle and particularly in the first half everything good we did came from him picking up the ball and running at their defence - I thought he had a decent game.

Bent - 6 - for all the things he can't do, he can still do the thing he does well very well - a neat finish and a good goal is something he can often use to stick two fingers up at his critics. I consider myself told. Still not the best when he's not popping the ball in the net, but he was reasonable today.

subs.

Weimann - 7 - bright, lively, aggressive, lethal.

Gabby - 7 - was full of enthusiasm today - posed a threat, added a bit of strength and pace and looked a handful, Good to have him back.

Ireland - 6 - flitted.

Special mention to the referee who I thought had a great game and to Ron Vlaar for getting lost on the Trinity Road before the game and having to ask for directions to the players car park.

A win is a win is a win is a win is a win.

Good.

4-2-3-1 from start to finish.

Given - 7 - Made a great save at 1-0 to keep it that way and then a good one toward the end to keep us ahead.

Lichaj - 5 - Never really got into it.

Clark - 6 - Looked happier with Baker next to him.

Baker - 6 - Looked okay, neither centre half really made an error or did anything outstanding - that's good.

Bennett - 7 - Had a very good game and attacked really well, particularly in the second half. He's naturally very good coming forward, so the more of that we do, the better he'll look.

Delph - 6 - energetic but not quite controlled - he has to work really hard to keep the ball some times - but he did make a number of nice little bursts forward.

Bannan - 7 - Knitted everything together, managed the team from the middle of the park and worked his socks off.

Albrighton - 4 - did very little and couldn't seem to find his place in this shape.

Bowery - 6 - A left winger he's not - but he put in a good shift, hustled, bustled and showed that there's a bit about him - I like him, but I'm still not quite sure if I like him just because he's big and strong and no other bugger in our side is.

N'Zogbia - 7 - looked lively down the middle and particularly in the first half everything good we did came from him picking up the ball and running at their defence - I thought he had a decent game.

Bent - 6 - for all the things he can't do, he can still do the thing he does well very well - a neat finish and a good goal is something he can often use to stick two fingers up at his critics. I consider myself told. Still not the best when he's not popping the ball in the net, but he was reasonable today.

subs.

Weimann - 7 - bright, lively, aggressive, lethal.

Gabby - 7 - was full of enthusiasm today - posed a threat, added a bit of strength and pace and looked a handful, Good to have him back.

Ireland - 6 - flitted.

Special mention to the referee who I thought had a great game and to Ron Vlaar for getting lost on the Trinity Road before the game and having to ask for directions to the players car park.

A win is a win is a win is a win is a win.

Good.

Agree with almost everything but I would swap the ratings for Bannan and Delph. I thought Fabian played well today. He got stuck in and broke uo the play well.

Â