Gaming 2013

hogso

After the success of the Gaming 2012 thread (hey 9 pages is good for a non Fifa/FM thread in Games & Gaming, man!), I thought it appropriate to make a new thread to talk about all the goodness on the way this year.

The new Xbox should be available before the year is out, and with it we can expect, at the very least, lots of info and video on new games which will be available for it, even if we don't all get our sticky paws on them.

The biggest game of the year will surely be GTA V, but there are other games with high expectations on the way, namely Bioshock Infinite, The Last of Us, Destiny, Watch Dogs, and Dark Souls 2.

A few games have piqued my interest, but it's quite hard to say how good they will be before getting my hands actually on with them. At the head of this pack would be Aliens: Colonial Marines, which looks great in the videos provided thus far, but with the torrid time it's had during development, will it actually be any good?

Other things I'm interested in seeing more of, for better or worse are;

Dead Space 3 (PS3/XBOX/PC) - big fan of the previous two games, looks like this may be a bit of a mess, though, with it seemingly being co-op heavy, which will surely ruin the claustrophobic and isolated atmosphere of the other two games.

Remember Me (PS3/XBOX/PC) - potential for one of the bigger sleeper hits of the year, a sci-fi game where you are granted the power to hack into people's memories. I expect this to be quite an adult game, with the ability to be able to transfer other people's sexual experiences into your own wank bank. Or maybe that will just be DLC I dunno. Plus you're a girl, so that's hot. 'Remember Me?' 'Hm, well, I didn't **** you, but I D/L'd the memory of some other bloke doing you, so I suppose you could say I do, yes'. Man. Bit carried away. Isn't that a good concept for a game though? Imagine the storylines you could have, you discover that your girlfriend has been having it away with some other bloke when you decide to D/L her wank bank :o Or you D/L your mum's and discover she is a prozzy, making you literally the son of a whore! :o :o I think I need to sell this idea to Rockstar or something. They'd be up for it, right? And I know you guys would all play because you are all pigs.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PS3/XBOX) - again, a fan of the series, but...an all-action spin-off with cyborg ninja Raiden? Very positive feedback from E3 though, so might be worth a look.

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) - the next game from the creators of Omikron/Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain, the name of which I have completely forgotten. They're Frenchies. I think the main bloke is called David something. Anyway. This is a game about a girl, and a poltergeist, and it will be a similar 'interactive movie' experience to the last two games.

Lego City: Undercover (WiiU) - it's Lego GTA! What's not to like? Well, having to own a Wii U perhaps...but it's Lego GTA!

The Last Guardian (?) - supposedly been in development by the makers of Ico/SotC for ages & ages. Will it ever be released? Maybe this year. Or some more info, at least

I have Ni No Kuni WIZARD'S EDITION pre-ordered so looking forward to that. Would also like to see Persona 4 Arena released.

To finish, here are some some rumours/stuff;

-Activison may have lost the James Bond license. All the games available on Steam, Games on Demand, Xbox Live and their own website have vanished. Has there actually been a decent Bond game since Golden Eye? Maybe another studio will get a chance.

-Capcom have asked fans for their opinions on future HD remakes/updates in a survey. The following list are the names provided for which they are looking for more feedback on. It would be resonable to assume that maybe the top two or three games mentioned by fans would get some sort of updating treatment. Viewtiful Joe, Strider, Street Fighter, Rival Schools/Project Justice, Resident Evil, Onimusha, Okami, Puzzle Fighter, Power Stone, Monster Hunter, Mega Man, Lost Planet, Ghosts ‘N Goblins, Final Fight, Dragon’s Dogma, Dino Crisis, Devil May Cry, Dead Rising, Darkstalkers, Breath Of Fire, Bionic Commando, Ace Attorney, and 194X

-A release for the Mother aka. Earthbound series has been hinted at. The creator of the series has recently tweeted that that progress has been made in regard to 'republication of Mother', but that does not mean Mother 4, so instead indicates a re-release of the old games. Which would be great, as they were cracking RPGs. Would it reach the US or EU if it did happen though?

Edited by hogso

Aside from GTA V there's not much I have my eye on. I am interested in seeing how CDProjekt's Cyberpunk RPG shapes up, as well as any further instalment in the Witcher franchise, but both of those will probably be 2014 prospects, as will Project Eternity. I'm counting on there being some sleeper hits, Walking Dead style, otherwise it'll be a barren year for me.

As for MGS: Revengeance, though, the GiantBomb quick look made it look surprisingly great. If you're a fan of the series (I'm not), you should check out that vid.

i think it'll be a good year, should be the last massive one for this gen, saw an article yesterday on how far ahead the new star wars game is on pc and that consoles simply cant cope with it

bioshock should interest me but i really didnt like number 2 so im a bit wary

so my long list is -

star wars 1313

GTA 5

dead space 3

crysis 3

the last of us

beyond: 2 souls

remember me

waych dogs

ni no kuni

day z

plus then also i'll have a look at god of war, the 2 MGS games (i wasnt fussed over bayonetta (bayonetta 2 has gone wii U exclusive for anyone that was) but will give both a go) if you are a fan of MGS keep an eye out for a game called the phantom pain - MGS 5 - you heard it here 1st! destiny if it squeezes in to this year, tomb raider if it reviews well, i also heard crytek have approved a timesplitters mod so everything crossed thats not dead and buried

Beyond: Two Souls (PS3) - the next game from the creators of Omikron/Fahrenheit/Heavy Rain, the name of which I have completely forgotten. They're Frenchies. I think the main bloke is called David something. Anyway. This is a game about a girl, and a poltergeist, and it will be a similar 'interactive movie' experience to the last two games.

awesome, Heavy Rain is possibly my favorite game of the last 10 years so I'll definitely be giving this one a look. Only problem is that it'll probably be the last game that I buy that isn't part of the fifa, FM, or fight night series because they end up being a waste of money after I lose interest in them after 7 days.

isn't there a new tomb raider game coming out this year as well???

A 'Steam Box' has been revealed at CES this week, which is known as the Xi3 X7A ‘Piston’. It is not Valve's Steam Box, but it is a 'Steam Box'. Valve are supporting the developers of that 'Living room friendly PC', aswell as working on their own hardware.

Not just one piece either. The Boss of Valve has been quoted are working on 'Bigfoot' and 'Littlefoot' - a bit of hardware for the home, and a portable device. Also, although the Valve Steam Box aka 'Bigfoot' (sorry if this is getting confusing...) will run Linux, the user will be able to install Windows if they like.

In other news, there is going to be a Lego Marvel Super Heroes game out in Autumn, with Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spiderman, Guardians of the Galaxy, and more besides, totalling over 100 characters in all. Which is nice.

Battlefield 4

GTA 5 - Pre-ordered that from a brilliant recommendation on here, £25 from Tesco I think!

Watch Dogs - Might not get it straight away, but the trailer looked really good fun - a GTA killer potentially?

Just browsing upcoming games available for pre-order, and noticed that the Collector's Edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines comes with a bunch of added content, which includes a 'Phase Plasma Pulse Rifle' and 'Sonic Electronic Ballbreaker' :clap:

There are rumours that Fallout 4 will be revealed at E3 and is due by the end of the year which would be very welcome but I cant see it being released this year at all, bethesda doesnt mve that quickly.

I think Bethesda should wait for next gen with the next iterations of Fallout and The Elder Scrolls. New Vegas seems a bit hit and miss with the fans, many of whom think it was rushed and is buggy as hell.

Of course the only problem with waiting for next gen is that the developers won't be familiar with the new technology but I guess there's no getting around that. I'd like to think that Bethesda and other studios have had early access to the next gen tech already and have a general idea of what it can do and its limitations. I guess we just have to wait and see.

Â