Gaming 2013

hogso

I really don't understand what the fascination is about him. Lost started off okay but become convoluted and pretty crappy in the end. The new Star Trek was a bit naff, Cloverfield was meh.

Now he's getting Star Wars, Half-life and Portal? That doesn't fill me with much confidence.

I always thought Fallout should get a movie. The whole premise about a nuclear war-ravaged U.S, with all the underground vaults, some of them being used for evil social experiments, then the ghouls, supermutants, shanty towns acting as the last bastions of civilisation... it's a rich universe that could make a really great movie. I think they did think about doing a Fallout movie a few years ago but it didn't get anywhere for whatever reason. Shame.

I used to. In fact, I pulled out SC2000 a few days ago, 19 years after it was released, and played it for a few hours.

The new Sim City can go to hell.

It not only insists on Origin DRM, but has online only too. Yo dawg, I heard you like DRM...

Even though it's got a pretty hefty retail price, it's rammed full of microtransactions

Day-one DLC

Incredibly small maps

All sorts of built in social media bullshit.

As soon as they bring out another Sim City in a few years, they'll turn off the servers for this and you'll not be able to play it, even if you want to play single player. I can play Sim City 2000, launched in 1994 whenever I like. I doubt I'll be able to play this game in 2018, never mind 2032.

No rolling back saves. Did you ever like to build up a big city, then save it, unleash hell with city-wide disasters, just because you could, then reload the city and keep playing? Yeah? You can't do that anymore. Want to know why? Because EA does not endorse this type of fun.

No manual terraforming.

No modding. They say they might do it, but it definitely won't be in for launch.

No matter how much I love Sim City, I won't pay for this, they should have titled it Sim City: The **** You Edition.

Edited by Davkaus

I dont get the whole online only thing or why these companies are doing it, I think EA will be around for a while though and these Sim City games are few and far between. I dont think you would have a problem with the servers in the next 10 years, after that well who knows. It is a shame for people who like to play older games in the future.

Smaller towns/cities but you can build a lot more of them across a map I think, so its not that bad. No idea what the DLC is on day one though, I guess it isn't free.

You can get the game for £34 from GAME although the special edition one is £42.. reduced from £55.

The next Batman: Arkham game has been announced for release this year. No worf officially on the name yet, but Arkham Universe has been touted. If you look a bit further in to that, could potentially mean co-op or some such online option?

I read a while back that the new Batman game from Rocksteady was going to go back to when Batman first meets Joker, but Arkham Universe wouldn't seem to suggest that.

I'll be keeping them glued for this though. My favourite games of the past few years.

Not made by Rocksteady though. So chances are it'll be shite. The original rumour for the sequel was a Silver Age prequel with some Justice League elements. Latest I've seen is that it may involve some Justice League stuff in the established Arkham universe.

Either way, it'll at best be the slightly disappointing second sequel. Or at worst, a pumped out half arsed cash in.

2K Sports (Take Two Interactive) have picked up the WWE license, although Yuke's are still making them. Guess time will tell if they actually release a new game, or just the same they've released for the past 10 years updated a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

A new Kingdom Hearts game has been announced, and guess what? It is not KH3. Why would it be? That would just be absurd.

Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 reMIX (to give it it's full title) is a HD do-over of KH1. Interestingly, it's the Final Mix version of the game that was previously JP only, and also includes full version of Re: Chain of Memories (sequel to KH1), plus the 'cinematic story videos' from 358/2 Days, which itself was a bridge between Re: Chain of Memories and Kingdom Hearts 3. Plus trophies ofc.

Due for release in Europe in Autumn 2013. They're clearly putting a lot of time, and therefore money, into this, so I would think it fair to assume that a similar HD version of KH2 will follow. No word if it will be boxed or PSN (or both), though.

And how do you like that italics work, huh? Yeaaaa

Edited by hogso

2K Sports (Take Two Interactive) have picked up the WWE license, although Yuke's are still making them. Guess time will tell if they actually release a new game, or just the same they've released for the past 10 years updated a little bit.

I'd hope they'd revamp it.

The collision system/animation stuff has been the same on WWE/F games since the Smackdown days. And it was shit back then. I'd be genuinely interested in them if they fixed that.

I'd imagine the first/next WWE game will be in very much the same vein as previous Yuke's efforts if they want to stick to the current annual release schedule, but perhaps the following year (and bearing in mind we should have the next-gen consoles by then) 2K will get more involved and give the series a full do-over.

I'm surprised it's reviewing as well as it is, I thought it would come out as totally ok but nothing special.

The weird moaning is still a bit of an issue for me, but I might go for it.

I took advantage of GMG's Bioshock Infinite deal this weekend and got Bioshock and the Darkness 2 for free. Win.

The new Tomb Raider looks like Uncharted, just as cinematic, but with better combat (would not be surprised to see Nate sporting a bow in UC4, especially if it's jungle based again). So I would probably like it. Apparently it lifts quite a lot from The Descent (that horror movie with the girls and the cave and monsters and stuff), which seems curious. In a good way, if anything.

Also there is a new Wii being released on March 22. It is called the Wii Mini. I don't know either.

Also there is a new Wii being released on March 22. It is called the Wii Mini. I don't know either.

Same as the one released in... Canada I think arse end of last year?

Just bought Tomb Raider. £21... can't argue too much. Never liked the series but interested in the reboot. I'll just keep the sound down.

Â