Gaming 2013

hogso

Is that David Beckham? Never noticed how much Booker looks like him

Is Infinite out on tuesday? Seriously cant wait for it, one of my most anticipated titles for a long time. 

P4: Arena has finally been given a UK release date of 10th May 2013, and actually looks like it's properly happening this time.

The real big amazing fantastic wow order it right now news is this;

BGSyuqfCEAAx5_C.jpg

So incredibly awesome.

Edited by hogso

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, looks like I won't be getting my X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter remake anytime soon...

+1 for not cancelling 1313, that game looked like it had real potential, and looked amazing too.

Details of the new Arkham game have been revealed. No Rocksteady as expected meaning this is the traditional 'farmed out crappy entry' in the series that every franchise has sooner or later. Even the few details revealed sound spectacularly uninspired.

Ugh, I was afraid of this. I'm not usually one to jump the gun, but this studio hasn't exactly proven itself. In fact I think they've only made two games.

I hope that means Rocksteady are working on something huge, but I can't say I'm not massively disappointed by this. Asylum and City were my favourite games in the respective years they were released and I haven't looked forward to getting a game as much as I did before Asylum was released and it absolutely delivered.

I hope Rocksteady have a decent input into it, at least.

Sounds like Rocksteady could be working on a new Batman game for next-gen consoles to be released in 2015?

You lot are in the same country aren't you? Can't you guys sneak into their studios and take a look?  ;)

It looked pretty incredible, the real core of demon's/dark souls seemed apparent while massively improving dynamic lighting, mob a.i., eg. enemies able to smash through walls to reach you, etc. New combat mechanics in deflecting items thrown at you, in general more realism in the combat. Everything just seemed to be done on a larger scale with the whole thing looking utterly gorgeous. Obviously the first point will be that if it will be on PS3 and XBox360 (which i'm almost certain it will be) if From Soft can cope with keeping stable frame rates, I have faith as they appear to be learning and improving every step of the way, they might have to really push the systems though, so I wouldn't expect it to be too smooth in every area.  

Just don't read the IGN comments, you'll want to throw your comp out of the window. People already requesting stuff like less clunky menu screens, more cosmetic options, etc. Stuff which makes absolutely no difference whatsoever to a game which is 100% about the gameplay. Can't wait. I'm sure there'll be loads of speculation about lore now we have been given loads of clues as to what this game is about and what era of the souls world it's set in. 

• Like 1

Rumours abound that it will be easier and more accessible that it's predecessors - good. Means I might actually play it this time.

I really hope it isn't easier. That would kill the perfectly balanced risk/reward gameplay for me.

I'm a very average gamer and I managed to finish Dark Souls. You just need to be patient and put the effort in.

By the look of the one shot kills in the demo, I think it'll still have that brutal edge, which punishes lack of patience; the hallmark of the series but as said a million times, It simply isn't a difficult game. Virtually every single person, regardless of ability- struggled, lost sleep, built up anxiety and almost gave up during their first run of Dark Souls, clocking up 50/60 hours. Second playthrough? Finish the game in 6 hours, barely dying. It's quite simply all about remembering patterns, which your brain will adjust too, quickly, and it almost becomes too easy in the end. 

Dark souls main issue (besides technical flaws) is accessibility and ease of use....

If you're talking UI design then yeah, they could tweak that stuff. If you're suggesting gameplay hand-holding then hell no. A punishing and cryptic world is key to the whole experience.

• Like 1

Yes, mostly the ui, it suffers hideously from typical Japanese menu design and slightly odd decisions throughout its design.

I've no issue with the game's gameplay as such (I rather enjoyed it, in truth), but coupled to the awful technical flaws the very Japanese ui ethos really put me off.

It is weird that Japan has trouble with ui.

News~

Bethesda have released a teaser trailer via Vine for *something*

It show a bit or barbed wire spinning around, so cursive text that you can't read (also spinning around) accompanied by Bach's Air. The smart money is it being for Project Zwei, which is the codename for Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikami's first game since his studio was bought by Bethesda. It's going to be a survival horror or some describe. If it's for Fallout 4, it's very obscure.

Also Gran Turismo 6 has been listed on a US site as a PS3 game, which could mean nothing, but it could also back up comments made by SCEE Vice Pres Michael Denny in that the game will be current gen. Which seems a bit odd. Consider the delays for previous GT games, if 6 is current gen then 7 might not appear on PS4 until a good few years in to it's life.

Â