The Shay Given thread

RotaxMax125

Ian Dennis of BBC Radio 5 has tweeted that talks are on going regarding Shay Given on loan from Villa to Liverpool. The goalkeeper moving to Liverpool remains  a “possibility”. BBC sports journalist Ben Smith confirms that the deal is still being worked on & ”likely to go to the wire”.

Must be haggling on who pays how much of his wages. Would prefer permanent move but loan at least gives chance to put him on shopping window if Minoglet gets injured.

strange move though am not complaining. whats difference to being on bench here or at Liverpool. THey are hardly paying him more than he got here

Because he's not on our bench.  He's 3rd choice.  He'll only be on our bench if one of the 2 above him are missing.  He'll go straight onto Liverpool's bench.

Apparently (and I stress that), all is agreed between Given and Liverpool, they're just waiting us to sign off

Bench 2 bench ???

It's a step up. He's not even getting on our bench

He was last year and wanted out. Don't see the difference. But good for Villa.

Given is the one person who deserves a move, shame if he doesn't get it.

If he really really wanted his move he would accept a massive cut in wages, looks like he's more happy picking up his £60k a week, which he's fully entitled to do of course...so I don't feel sorry for him.

Given is the one person who deserves a move, shame if he doesn't get it.

If he really really wanted his move he would accept a massive cut in wages, looks like he's more happy picking up his £60k a week, which he's fully entitled to do of course...so I don't feel sorry for him.

In fairness we don't know that it was about wages, he might still be hoping for first team football, even in the Championship.

Collymore reporting Given will be going to Liverpool

His source has said " to become 3rd choice keeper at Liverpool"

So from 3rd choice at villa to 3rd choice at Liverpool

Great move shay

He'd definitely be ahead of Brad Jones in the pecking order if they sign him. So that would make him 2nd choice wouldn't it?

Â