Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

omariqy

Well, an absolutely abysmal opening half hour was followed by a promising final fifteen minutes in the first half. We finally looked like we were getting some confidence and momentum, and it's a shame we couldn't equalise before the break.

We're lucky that we weren't completely out of the game before our play picked up. However, we now need to capitalise on that and keep going after the break. We are better than Wigan, and we need to carry on playing like it rather than letting our heads drop.

Looking forward to the second half, which I didn't think I would be for most of the first.

UTV!

I'm going to say something i think a lot of people on here disagree on. I think Bennett looks like a great prospect. Obviously not the finished article which is not what we need right now but if he can improve quickly then he could be a decent LB. As it is he looks more like a skillful left winger which is not what i expected quite

I'm going to say something i think a lot of people on here disagree on. I think Bennett looks like a great prospect. Obviously not the finished article which is not what we need right now but if he can improve quickly then he could be a decent LB. As it is he looks more like a skillful left winger which is not what i expected quite

Put him at left wing instead of fullback and we can talk. He is decent with the ball at his feet but pretty bad defensively. He holds the ball far too long.

Wigan sitting back to defend their 1 goal lead. At the very least it won't be another smashing.

Holman has made some great passes today - straight to Wigan players.

He's had plenty of mates though. I would sub Holman for Albrighton at the half.

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

another inept shit performance lacking any kind of tactics, skill, guts, effort and pretty much anything good you would expect from our team

benteke, you are not darren bent, you cant successfully play on the shoulder of the last man, thats why bent scores his goals, because it is his role. you have been trying to play it the last 3 games and have been offside pretty much every forward move

bannan, you are not glen hoddle, you are not paul scholes, you are not gazza, you are a small scottish footballer who has 1 great pass in every 25 attempts, play the **** on the floor , forwards and simple, it isnt difficult.

holman, your only real asset is your engine, you need to actually turn the **** on and run about a bit, turening the engine off and walking with your hands on your hips most of the game means you are doing **** all, stop it.

ireland, you are not the superstar in the team, all ball possession doesnt need to come through you and you are not good enough to simply walk in the direction of the ball when there is a chance of any kind of 50/50, you are not good enough to not try and close a player down, you are not good enough when you dont put the effort in, sort your shiny head out son.

lichaj, what the hell are you even doing on the pitch? seriously?

so far bennet has attacked well and defended average, clark has been average, herd average and lowton has looked decent

switch to a back 4, get lichaj off get westwood on, take bannan or ireland off ( ireland has looked better in the last 10 minutes) and get albrighton on

the only way to get back in to this is from the wide areas and sling it in to the box, benteke will be less likely to be offside all the time and with the weather so bad there may be a fumble or mistake giving us a chance