Question re sheepskin jackets

mottaloo

Bit odd I know but here's the thing :

Back in 1985 i spunked £250 on a rather smart, grey heavy quality sheepskin jacket - not 3/4 length but the usual length past the waist but not to the knees. I wore it 3 times & ever since then its been bagged up & me mam's house....for 27 years to be precise.

My question is : are these type of coats frowned upon now ? The collar is grey fur but synthetic. I dont see them around - not that I have been looking that closely. Or with the "retro/vintage" theme en voque is it worth me flogging it ?

Thoughts please, thanks

Car dealer / predatory sex pest

I guess location plays a part as well... might be in vogue around Camden Town or down the Portobello Road. Walk down Erdington High Street in it and you might have people spitting on your back (or is that just me they do that to?)

Sheepskin coats have been threatening a comeback for a couple of years now, and with men's catwalk designers touting them lately it's a fair shout that they'll be on the high street for next winter.

When brands like this are offering them on websites like this you know it's only 12 months away from average Joe...

To be honest, though, a grey faux-sheepskin from the 80s sounds a bit naughty...

on the presumption you were more than 12 years old, added to it being in storage for 27 years, you are now in your 40's:

wear what the **** you like

incidentally, if you really want to rock the retro sheepskin, get yourself down to the RAF museum in Telford and bag yourself one of their WWII flying jackets, that and an old MG Midget guaranteed to pull tons of +70 clunge

• 3 weeks later...

This reminds me of the time I was at a childhood friend's house, and we found his father's stash of lamb membrane condoms. **** disgusting. My image of him didn't improve a few years later when I walked into their living room, and saw him jumping up and down on a little trampoline whilst completely naked. Trauma, pure trauma.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Â