U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Aaaaaand he's blamed Obama for annexing Crimea.  He was reminded that Putin annexed Crimea - what with him being president of the country that actually did it - but Trump insisted Obama allowed it to happen.

Thick as pig shit.

Well, there was an order to the events that occurred.

Crimea was not "annexed" in a vacuum. The actions and support of various western players to events in Kiev precipitated this event. That they were surprised by the Russian response to their Med fleet home coming under threat is the perplexing thing. 

Of course, Russia bad, America good, Obama Saintly or such simplistic interpretation makes looking in the mirror all the more pleasing.

32 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Sessions gone.

Been coming for months. Not even surprising it was done so quickly after the elections.

Whoever replaces him (and Lindsey Graham has been tickling Trump's bollocks from the second it became clear Sessions was a goner, amongst others) will be a lapdog, and intended to kill the Mueller investigation asap.

Sessions is a **** vile word removed but his recusing himself was a useful roadblock to Trump interference in the investigation. Had he not done that, he wouldn't have just been sacked, regardless of his performance (which would sell to most Trump fans anyway).

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I googled it. She gives an interview on the song where she says it could be about anyone, a relationship, a breakup, any situation where someone lies to another.

It bothers her when people lie and Trump lies frequently.

Not exactly the most politically insightful piece of work but I her hearts in the right place I guess.

I posted the video for the song a couple of pages ago. I urge you to watch the video (which contains the credit 'directed by Barbra Streisand') and then get back to me about the 'it could be about anyone' theory!

Edited by HanoiVillan

11 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I posted the video for the song a couple of pages ago. I urge you to watch the video (which contains the credit 'directed by Barbra Streisand') and then get back to me about the 'it could be about anyone' theory!

I will watch the video. However, what I said is not a theory. I was just relaying what Streisand said in response to a question about the song.

8 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I will watch the video. However, what I said is not a theory. I was just relaying what Streisand said in response to a question about the song.

Sure, I get that. I'm just disputing that she's telling the truth about her creative vision. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, villakram said:

Russia bad, America good, Obama Saintly 

Said literally nobody ever.

46 minutes ago, peterms said:

Sessions gone.

And acting AG wrote an op-ed about how to hamstring the Mueller investigation without ending it

Oh goodie.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Said literally nobody ever.

And acting AG wrote an op-ed about how to hamstring the Mueller investigation without ending it

Oh goodie.

Some suggestions that the acting AG has removed Rosenstein.

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Sure, I get that. I'm just disputing that she's telling the truth about her creative vision. 

I'm with you now.

I listened to the song which you posted a few pages back, I'm assuming that's the one you mean.

Just being honest, I can see where she''s coming from. In the interview I watched the interviewer asks Streisand 'are you singing to Trump' and she replies, 'I'm not singing to him I'm singing about him.'

She goes on to explain the song doesn't have to apply to Trump and that it upsets her when people hide the truth because the truth is so powerful and yet lies are everywhere in the world today. And she is using her music to express that as well as addressing Trump.

I can relate to what she's saying.

11 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I'm with you now.

I listened to the song which you posted a few pages back, I'm assuming that's the one you mean.

Just being honest, I can see where she''s coming from. In the interview I watched the interviewer asks Streisand 'are you singing to Trump' and she replies, 'I'm not singing to him I'm singing about him.'

She goes on to explain the song doesn't have to apply to Trump and that it upsets her when people hide the truth because the truth is so powerful and yet lies are everywhere in the world today. And she is using her music to express that as well as addressing Trump.

I can relate to what she's saying.

I don't think we're really disagreeing. I understand what you're saying, and obviously the song doesn't mention Trump by name and so could, theoretically, be about any old liars telling any old lies. 

I'm just making the point that in reality, the music video she directed herself contains pictures of Donald Trump and silhouettes of Donald Trump and pictures of things that are obviously connected to Donald Trump for like, at least 75% of its running time, so if people come away with the conclusion that it's not really about other liars, but more specifically about the liar in the White House, then she can hardly blame them. 

Edited by HanoiVillan
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think we're really disagreeing. I understand what you're saying, and obviously the song doesn't mention Trump by name and so could, theoretically, be about any old liars telling any old lies. 

I'm just making the point that in reality, the music video she directed herself contains pictures of Donald Trump and silhouettes of Donald Trump and pictures of things that are obviously connected to Donald Trump for like, at least 75% of its running time, so if people come away with the conclusion that it's not really about other liars, but more specifically about the liar in the White House, then she can hardly blame them. 

Oh, absolutely. Well said.

Edit: Trump is obviously a focal point in what inspired the song and she is using him to represent her message.

Using Trump as a symbol for liars gives her song more power to convey itself in a manner people can relate to as Trump is relevant in everyone's life right now.

Edited by A'Villan
  • Like 1

I see that Democrats have lost the Senate seat in Arizona. 

This matters a lot, since the 2020 map is also basically pretty rubbish for Democrats, and it now looks like they'll need to win several seats in deep red states. If they have a 46-54 disadvantage, they will probably need to win 5 seats just to tie the chamber (since Doug Jones clearly won't win in Alabama). There really aren't five obvious pick up opportunities. 

2 hours ago, peterms said:

Some suggestions that the acting AG has removed Rosenstein.

He’s removed Rosenstein by the mere fact he’s replaced Sessions.  RR was only overseeing because Sessions recused himself

They've revoked the press credentials of Jim Acosta (CNN) and have accused him of assaulting the women who tried to take his mic away. good times ahead

Edited by maqroll
  • Sad 1

Â