U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, VILLAMARV said:

Surely the question is why? Why are the Senate going to vote (looking likely to) for a man who lied in front of the world for a position on the Supreme Court? Why is Trump constantly picking Bush cronies for positions of power and influence? (Off the top of my head, Kavanaugh, Bolton, Gina Haspel to name but 3) Why limit the scope of the FBI investigation? (Especially with the FISA stuff in the background - Strozok/Page etc). Why is the President, rather than taking a back seat while the Law Enforcement officers do their thing, having near daily press conferences publicly attacking the alleged victim?

Abortion and his belief that Trump is above the law pretty much

Monumental day Friday here. Great protest today at the Capitol building. If Susan Collins votes to confirm, she'll be voted out of office. The FBI could be brave tonight and call for an extension on the investigation. But I doubt they will. Kavanaugh was picked to protect Trump and it's looking like he might be confirmed. 

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Monumental day Friday here. Great protest today at the Capitol building. If Susan Collins votes to confirm, she'll be voted out of office. The FBI could be brave tonight and call for an extension on the investigation. But I doubt they will. Kavanaugh was picked to protect Trump and it's looking like he might be confirmed. 

Collins isn't up for re-election this year, is she?  Why would voting to confirm Kavanaugh get her voted out?   Is Maine heavily pro-choice, or anti-patriarchy?  This is, after all, the state that elected Paul LePage, who seems from what I've read about him, to be a sort of a Dollar Store Trump.   Genuinely curious.

9 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Surely the question is why? Why are the Senate going to vote (looking likely to) for a man who lied in front of the world for a position on the Supreme Court? Why is Trump constantly picking Bush cronies for positions of power and influence? (Off the top of my head, Kavanaugh, Bolton, Gina Haspel to name but 3) Why limit the scope of the FBI investigation? (Especially with the FISA stuff in the background - Strozok/Page etc). Why is the President, rather than taking a back seat while the Law Enforcement officers do their thing, having near daily press conferences publicly attacking the alleged victim?

'Because he's an asshole, Jim'

8 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Collins isn't up for re-election this year, is she?  Why would voting to confirm Kavanaugh get her voted out?   Is Maine heavily pro-choice, or anti-patriarchy?  This is, after all, the state that elected Paul LePage, who seems from what I've read about him, to be a sort of a Dollar Store Trump.   Genuinely curious.

Collins is not up this year. LePage was a fluke result because the left vote was split between a centrist and a progressive. Maine Republican women are typically moderates who will be furious with Collins if she votes yes.

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Collins is not up this year. LePage was a fluke result because the left vote was split between a centrist and a progressive. Maine Republican women are typically moderates who will be furious with Collins if she votes yes.

I understand that Collins ran as an independent Republican who is pro choice. If she votes for BK she’ll face a lot of backlash.

1 hour ago, TheAuthority said:

Overtones of anti-semitism too. To be clear I’m not saying he himself has opinions but he understands that “Soros” is a dog whistle to the thugs in his base.

Please stop with this anti-semitism thing.

Soros is a known political operator, and hence is fair game to attack. There is no need to bring another -ism into the rotten debate atmosphere we currently reside in.

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Steve Daines?

He's actually on record as saying (paraphrasing) "he would fly in to vote and that it would be a huge honor to give away his daughter and supreme court on the same day"... what a manly patriot or some such. Of course, he's not talking to any of us and his audience will lap that up.

10 minutes ago, villakram said:

Please stop with this anti-semitism thing.

Soros is a known political operator, and hence is fair game to attack. There is no need to bring another -ism into the rotten debate atmosphere we currently reside in.

Hi Jeremy

• Like 2

Â