U.S. Politics

maqroll

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I used it ironically because of Putins association. Come on, I know you are smart enough to get that.

From the usually right leaning WSJ - https://www.wsj.com/articles/widely-used-election-systems-are-vulnerable-to-attack-report-finds-1538020802

Or is the WSJ "fake news" in your opinion?

One of your normal patronizing asides that you throw around like confetti. Don't worry I don't take it personally as you do it to everyone.

Not sure where I or anyone said that he wasn't.

Have done many times.

Wow. Thanks for distilling the last two years down to that sentence for us.

The point holds. You are de-basing your attacks on Trump and his agenda by claiming that he was elected "due to", when that is not so. 

Go read Fox or any of the right wing media. Seriously. See how they de-construct and dismiss your/the-left arguments. They are not stupid, and as such they will not attack your point head-on. Instead they go after careless assertions and use them to dis-credit you and everything you say. It's all well and good being more correct and getting pats on the back in your local environs, but you/me/we live with all the Trump/Repub voters too. We need to learn how to speak to them. Only a few % need to listen.

There have been a bunch of posts with simplistic assertions along these lines over the past few, so sorry that you are it. I get that this is a highly charged atmosphere with high stakes. They do too though. A little more care is needed all around (yes, me included!).

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

We have a week or less to further prove Kavanaugh is either criminal or totally unfit for the job. If the FBI wants to get back at Trump, now is their chance.

The FBI will look to protect themselves from being a political tool after the last election. The institution must continue.

... dumped in the FBI lap it is. Isn't politics fun.

Edited by villakram

Â