U.S. Politics

maqroll

11 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Reagan was a puppet for the big corporations. I think Trump would be an upgrade on him. 

I disagree completely but even if you think Reagan was a dreadful President I fail to see how you can think Trump would be better?

38 minutes ago, villakram said:

I'd prefer next weeks lotto numbers if you don't mind?

It's hardly sticking your neck out to say Trump would be dreadful. Even if he moderates and stops acting like a **** child the damage to the US's image will be catastrophic.

21 minutes ago, PaulC said:

on the basis that anything is better than a puppet. I don't know maybe Trump would be worse, but I suspect he just plays to the crowd. His views are not as extreme as he makes out. 

I'm curious though why you think Reagan was a puppet but seemingly think Trump won't be?

8 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Because I lived through it and it was well known but I don't know about Trump so cant answer the second part.

I wasn't asking why you thought Reagan was a puppet because it's clear we'll never see eye to eye on that, just curious why you think Trump specifically wouldn't be.

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

I wasn't asking why you thought Reagan was a puppet because it's clear we'll never see eye to eye on that, just curious why you think Trump specifically wouldn't be.

No real reason Mantis, he just doesn't seem the type. 

7 hours ago, Mantis said:

I disagree completely but even if you think Reagan was a dreadful President I fail to see how you can think Trump would be better?

It's hardly sticking your neck out to say Trump would be dreadful. Even if he moderates and stops acting like a **** child the damage to the US's image will be catastrophic.

Well, we're already almost universally despised, so if this pisses off Latvia too, then we might as well just vote Trump, for the symmetry.

Edited by maqroll

Trump is pretty much a lock now, while once again Hillary demonstrates her ability to be an unappealing human being... let the fun begin.

Edited by villakram
Yes, I actually wrote that... first Leicester, next?

Guest av1

I did cross my mind reading this thread that only in America could you have 2 absolute plonkers possibly running for the top job, then i realised that our next choice could be between Corbyn and Johnson. 

Stop the world i want to get off. 

1 hour ago, villakram said:

Trump is pretty much a lock now, while once again Hillary demonstrates her ability to be an unappealing human being... let the fun begin.

Sanders can hang in there until the big prize of California. If he can somehow win in a decisive way there, it's game on. 

Go on, Bernie!

• Like 2

He'll win Northern CA., but Orange County and San Diego are areas of establishment liberalism, where you can find it. I hope he at least puts a scare into that bitch batch of voters.

Edited by maqroll

7 hours ago, maqroll said:

Sanders can hang in there until the big prize of California. If he can somehow win in a decisive way there, it's game on. 

Go on, Bernie!

I hate to disagree, but it really isn't. 

He'd need to win every single remaining state by massive double digit scores to even get close to matching Clinton in pledged delegates, and then she has about 300 superdelegates extra on top. 

Like a worm without a head, he's finished he just hasn't stopped moving yet. 

• Like 1

Bernie's campaign remains useful for the Democrats however as it shows time and time again that Hilary has a significant problem with a sizeable portion of the electorate.

At this stage, she should win comfortably but I wouldn't rule out Trump just yet. He evidently knows how to win votes & anything could happen between now and November to darken the public mood further.

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Trump wont win. He has alienated women so you can bet a majority of women wont vote for him, same with Mexicans. He has no chance of beating Clinton. 

That's true IF all the people you mention actually vote in numbers to sway the actual result.  If they don't then it means nothing,  he can alienate anyone or anything if he thinks that segment wont influence the final count.  Don't forget they have a choice beween Trump or Clinton,  neither of these,  I would imagine wont get  anyone smashing doors down just so they can vote for these 2 idiots. + What about the woman who are dead on 100 % Republicans with guns and everything who don't like Mexicans for example?

I am not saying you are wrong but it's not as black and white. 

I think statistically, the Hispanic vote is around about 1 in 12 voters. Of those, the majority traditionally vote democrat anyway, and live in democrat voting states. So the maximum damage Trump can do to himself by alienating 100% of the Hispanic vote would be limited.  

But a small and slightly ropey exit poll in Nevada suggested Trump got a higher cut of the republican Hispanic vote than Rubio or Cruz.

Which I think means, for Trump, being rude to Hispanics probably makes very little difference.

12 hours ago, av1 said:

Stop the world i want to get off. 

They'll be pushing the steps up shortly, sir.

You do know it's turtles all the way down? 

Â