U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 minutes ago, useless said:

Not so long back Boris have I got new for you, Gove late night revew and Trump US tv, were just TV personalities to me.

It's not often you see the words "Gove" and "personality" in the same sentence.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Two more black men murdered in cold blood by police in a 48 hour span. Marches and protests all over the country, and in Dallas things got really ugly, with three cops killed by sniper fire. It's going to be a long **** summer.

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Two more black men murdered in cold blood by police in a 48 hour span. Marches and protests all over the country, and in Dallas things got really ugly, with three cops killed by sniper fire. It's going to be a long **** summer.

Thats the crux it. You can't condone retribution attacks, but bloody hell this is getting silly now. 

How is being reported over there? Is the general feeling that the officers will be prosecuted?

24 minutes ago, maqroll said:

4 cops dead, 3 more in critical condition. Bomb threat to boot. **** hell.

Its getting quite out of control at the moment.  It all plays into Trumps hands though,, he can get mileage out of this.

9 minutes ago, av1 said:

Thats the crux it. You can't condone retribution attacks, but bloody hell this is getting silly now. 

How is being reported over there? Is the general feeling that the officers will be prosecuted?

That's not even being discussed right now, the whole thing is so static...I'm worried things are going to really spin out of control beyond this current madness.

Edited by maqroll

8 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Its getting quite out of control at the moment.  It all plays into Trumps hands though,, he can get mileage out of this.

If he can blame this on muslims or immigrants, then yeah

6 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Not really that,  more of the "more guns to stop guns" argument.

I'm not sure that argument lines up with the current situation. Police have plenty of guns already. the only way Trump can exploit this is to find a muslim or immigrant connection, or promote a false one.

Edited by maqroll

16 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I'm not sure that argument lines up with the current situation. Police have plenty of guns already. the only way Trump can exploit this is to find a muslim or immigrant connection, or promote a false one.

I think we agree that,  he will try and gain out of other peoples heartache,  that's the bottom line here I think.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

I think we agree that,  he will try and gain out of other peoples heartache,  that's the bottom line here I think.  

No doubt about that! 

He certainly should be making gain out of it, ugly or not that's his job for the next few months.

He does, however, seem to be quite poor at the job of running for President. The extent to which he dropped the ball on responding to the Hilary email thing would be worrying me if I were a Republican. 

This is just a thought really,  I am not saying any of the Police actions are correct but...I have watches 100's an 100's of hours worth of COPS / the First 48 etc.  Now I know one thing about the US,  if you are stopped in your car by the Police,  even if you are going to give the Police officer a flower,  do not even twitch.  Don't reach for anything other than the steering wheel and listen very carefully and move real slow.  If you were in the Police and your best buddy got blown away on a simple traffic stop and his family / kids,  whatever have got no father then you have to balance these things out a bit.  Basically,  don't give them an excuse.  If someone with a gun says hop on one leg,  hop.

Â