U.S. Politics

maqroll

You don't need to be a nutjob conspiracy theorist to know that when it comes to the 'real' running of America there are some very sinister people who have more real power than the elected 'leader'. 

• Like 4

Wall St. and the Military Industrial Complex love Trump, Cruz and Hillary. 

They are scared of Sanders.

Which makes him a target. And the political climate here is so charged right now some sort of cataclysmic violence seems inevitable, either in Cleveland or against Sanders on the campaign trail.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

I just donated money to Sanders, first time I've given money to a politician. 

The next two weeks are going to be great theater leading up to New York...

At the very least with Sanders, you know it won't end up in Panama. 

6 hours ago, mjmooney said:

You don't need to be a nutjob conspiracy theorist to know that when it comes to the 'real' running of America there are some very sinister people who have more real power than the elected 'leader'. 

Nobody's disputing that there are obviously very powerful people besides the President who wield power much less publicly but it does tend to get massively exaggerated. This is a prime example.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Wall St. and the Military Industrial Complex love Trump, Cruz and Hillary. 

They are scared of Sanders.

Which makes him a target. And the political climate here is so charged right now some sort of cataclysmic violence seems inevitable, either in Cleveland or against Sanders on the campaign trail.

See above. It's all a bit far-fetched. It's not so much this idea of "powerful shadowy people" I dispute (although again I think it's exaggerated) just this notion that they form one shadowy group.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Has Trump managed to piss off the Jewish community yet? It might be one of the few he's not ticked off the bigotry bingo card yet.

Surprised he hasn't gone after them anyway as a large majority of Jews vote Democrat IIRC.

Edited by Mantis

He apparently has Jewish relatives which may explain things.

Although I genuinely believe if someone told him it'd get votes he'd say he advocated relocating Auschwitz to Manhattan, so that's probably not saying much.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 2

There is a certain angle that Chindie comes at things from, and it's always wonderfully dry. 

I think today should be Chindie Appreciation Day. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Rumors have Ryan demonstrating a functioning brain and ruling himself out of running later today. 

Cruz vs Trump (rusty spoon vs knife), and some people actually think Cruz would be the better choice... :rolleyes:

National polls have both democrats beating both republicans in the general. The only hope the GOP has is if a third candidate is nominated at the convention. 

3 hours ago, villakram said:

Rumors have Ryan demonstrating a functioning brain and ruling himself out of running later today. 

Cruz vs Trump (rusty spoon vs knife), and some people actually think Cruz would be the better choice... :rolleyes:

As detestable as many of his views are (and I say this as somebody on the right), he's not quite as toxic as Trump. Certainly he's got a better chance against Clinton than Trump has because Trump's unfavourables are absolutely ridiculous.

Against anyone else Cruz would be the worst candidate - Trump's one of the few where he's the lesser evil.

Edited by Mantis

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

As detestable as many of his views are (and I say this as somebody on the right), he's not quite as toxic as Trump. Certainly he's got a better chance against Clinton than Trump has because Trump's unfavourables are absolutely ridiculous.

Against anyone else Cruz would be the worst candidate - Trump's one of the few where he's the lesser evil.

I actually disagree. As vile and unhinged and ugly as the whole Trump thing has been, if he's elected president, he'll just be an embarrassing oaf and a rubber-stamping status quo president. Trump is in reality more establishment than Cruz, who is a religious NUTJOB and a real dangerous guy to have running things. Trump is a long time member of the Atlantic seaboard money class, and in republican terms, that ultimately translates into economic conservatism, and relatively liberal social philosophies. 

Cruz wouldn't surprise me if he decided that America is a Christian Theocracy, and that Muslims need to be sent to camps and that The Rapture should be the ultimate goal.

I'd take Trump and all his idiotic bluster over Cruz every time.

• Like 4

Â