U.S. Politics

maqroll

Bush is the Establishment guy, his ads are starting to run everywhere, he's got big money behind him...he's just inoffensive enough to be the GOP's flag bearer against Hillary.

Edited by maqroll

It's going to be Trump, isn't it?

I think he's come across too often as a blunderbuss, and it's starting at last to hurt him. PLUS as was just said the high number of candidates has inflated Trump's numbers. He's been his own worst enemy because he used to be known as a moderate politically with one or two nutjob ideas, but now the nutjob parts have become a dominant taste. 

Edited by Plastic Man

Bush is the Establishment guy, his ads are starting to run everywhere, he's got big money behind him...he's just inoffensive enough to be the GOP's flag bearer against Hillary.

Can you see Jeb and Carly as a viable ticket? I could.

Carly is not viable, methinks. Bush-Rubio, maybe...

• Like 1

I don't know much about her, tbh, but she seems to have slipped into No. 2 spot. But you think no?

Had to Mooney her. 2/10 WNB. Sarah Palin much fitter. Or Carly Parker :P

I agree she's not viable, she will crash and burn at some point. Her merger with Compaq nearly destroyed HP, it's really only a matter of time before people start asking rather more pointed questions about it. 

Think the VP pick is almost certain to be somebody who isn't in the race. The last three have all been non-candidates on the Republican side, haven't they?

• Like 1

Carly is not viable.   She has a strained relationship with the truth.

First claimed that HP's wholesaler of the year hid from her management team their dealings with a 3rd party who resold illegally to Iran and then more recently claimed that it all happened after she left HP and she didn't know anything about it.   Can't both be true.

Takes credit for growing to double its revenue.   Only because they bought Compaq.   Drove HP into the ground.

Lobbied extensively for a corporate overseas tax holiday for big corporations in 2004 on the premise that it would allow investment in research and create jobs.   HP used $4 billion of its $4.3 billion savings to buy back stock.   Then cut 14,500 jobs.

I work 1/4 mile from HP headquarters and have friends who used to work there.  Their contempt for and distrust of Carly is intense, and they appear to be in the majority among those associated with HP at the time.  These are not folks that were laid off because of her merger, mind you.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I agree she's not viable, she will crash and burn at some point. Her merger with Compaq nearly destroyed HP, it's really only a matter of time before people start asking rather more pointed questions about it. 

Think the VP pick is almost certain to be somebody who isn't in the race. The last three have all been non-candidates on the Republican side, haven't they?

VP pick will be based on how many electoral college votes he can bring. As long as Kasich does nothing stupid he will be in prime position here if either of the Florida boys win as Ohio has been a key state in recent elections and he is liked there. Too many of the other B-level repubs have flamed out already (walker etc.).

Â