U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

In the grand scheme of things, Flynn was an ideologue with a dangerous obsession with Iran. The world is, in some small degree, safer today because of his resignation. 

Trump is known as a hirer-and-firer, he's in his comfort zone here. People shouldn't mistake this with his administration being on the ropes. 

Tehran is breathing easier today. So am I. Flynn doesn't belong anywhere near the White House.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VILLAMARV said:

please tell me that's official :D

Will probably be dismissed as Fake News but it appears to be true:

The Library of Congress yanked President Trump’s official inauguration portrait from its online store because of a glaring typo on the souvenir print.

“No dream is too big, no challenge is to great. Nothing we want for the future is beyond our reach,” read Trump’s quote on the poster – misspelling the second “too” as “to.”

The page selling the $16.95 poster was removed between 9:30 and 10 p.m. Sunday, The Hill reported.

The Library of Congress described the print as capturing “the essence of Donald Trump’s campaign for the presidency of the United States.”

:snip:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

This season of America is terrible.

Just a ridiculously unrealistic storyline.

Its gone the same way as Lost did

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/mike-pence-told-about-flynn-warning-11-days-after-trump-n720836

Vice President Mike Pence was informed of the Justice Department warning regarding former national security adviser Michael Flynn late on February 9, 15 days after the White House and the president knew, two sources tell NBC News.

One is a source close to Pence, while the other is inside the Trump administration.

Flynn's actions as President Donald Trump's short-lived national security adviser are under scrutiny after he resigned Monday night over phone calls he shared with Russia's ambassador to the United States in December — before Trump took office. Among the topics discussed included U.S. sanctions imposed by the Obama administration against Moscow for its alleged role in the 2016 presidential election.

While Pence seemed to be kept in the dark, Trump was first told about Flynn's phone calls almost three weeks ago, a White House spokesman said Tuesday. The date the vice president knew is significant because it is when the administration became aware that the Washington Post was about to publish a heavily-sourced story that confirmed Flynn and the Russian ambassador discussed sanctions, despite public denials from Flynn and other incoming senior administration officials including Pence, then the vice president-elect.

Flynn's departure — so far the most high-profile of Trump's senior team — comes after the White House said he misled Pence and other senior administration officials about information he shared with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak. Flynn had claimed that he had no substantial communication with Kislyak, which Pence later repeated to various news outlets.

Schism alert.

When General Mattis walks, that's when things are getting really serious. He's one of the only good things about the Trump administration.

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This guy is a dangerous deluded fool.

"Hitler happened because of SJWs"

Seriously?

I can't stand that guy. He occasionally makes decent points but that's totally offset by the fact that he's a **** lunatic who writes for the premier tin-foil hat conspiracy website on the internet. He does a good job of making himself appear relatively mainstream though. He knows not to rant about chemtrails or black helicopters in public.

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I can't stand that guy. He occasionally makes decent points but that's totally offset by the fact that he's a **** lunatic who writes for the premier tin-foil hat conspiracy website on the internet. He does a good job of making himself appear relatively mainstream though. He knows not to rant about chemtrails or black helicopters in public.

This is why he's dangerous.

He's insane but doesn't appear so.

• Like 1

Without wanting to search for an explanation like half of the terminology in this thread. Is a social justice warrior a term for people who agree with the premise of social justice? i.e. interested in the role of the individual within the state? Or to put it another way, everyone on the planet who is not an authoritarian extremist who believe in the state over the individual?

For a presumably 'left wing slur' they really haven't thought that one through.

A bit like 'white knight' which I always think refers to Caucasians who are bound by chivalry i.e. not a complete word removed.

3 minutes ago, VILLAMARV said:

Without wanting to search for an explanation like half of the terminology in this thread. Is a social justice warrior a term for people who agree with the premise of social justice? i.e. interested in the role of the individual within the state? Or to put it another way, everyone on the planet who is not an authoritarian extremist who believe in the state over the individual?

For a presumably 'left wing slur' they really haven't thought that one through.

It's become a slur based around those people who make social justice their identity, which is a fair point. The issue is now it has become a huge umbrella term for anybody who believes in any sort of social justice.

Neither definition match why Hitler happened though. 

Â