U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

I'm starting a third party that will leave the Greens and Libertarians in the dust.

My nipper is over there and open to the idea of getting a job if you need anyone!

Foreign, obviously. But white, blue eyes, fair hair and speaks reasonable english, so not expecting to be loaded on to the first cattle truck out of town. 

How much of a commute would Denver - Boston be? Not much of a mornings person if I'm being hyper critical.

He's making a complete prat of himself, but he's using Trumps tactics here. It doesn't matter what the people who actually think about things think. What matters is the impression. You can see how, to somebody who has absolutely no interest in politics or intention to learn, the idea that he would be best placed to manage Britain's foreign policy because he's mates with Trump might hold an intuitive appeal. You have to get to the second order of reasoning to see why it's wrong, and that's more than about 80% of people are prepared to do. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Deflection. Answer the question.

you're new here aren't you

nobody ever answers a question in a bolitics thread , it doesn't work like that

With regards to his misogyny. I find it funny that he wants to ban the entry of a whole religion into America, when said religion is notorious for it's inherent misogyny.

You'd think they would be his kinda people,

Edited by Brumerican

3 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

With regards to his misogyny. I find it funny that he wants to ban the entry of a whole religion into America, when said religion is notorious for it's inherent misogyny.

You'd think they would be his kinda people,

I don't think he hates women unless they are fat. 

Fat guys are funny but fat women? That's not right. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Xela said:

The more the vocal left abuse people who don't think exactly the same way as them and label them racists and sexists, etc, the more people will turn away and vote for the right. That video Trent posted was spot on. Trump should never be in power, yet here we are. 

I never got this line of thinking...it's what enabled this whole scenario. Bigotry should never be given a free pass, otherwise people will think it's normal. The majority of the time, at least from what I've seen, it's warranted.

The irony though, of people who complain about PC and safe spaces etc. being offended by people calling them racist and voting to literally make America their safe space :lol: . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:
Piss off you insufferable scrote

its incredible for 2 reasons, 1 is that once again he's desperately trying to worm his way in to a position of significance when time and time again the British people have shown that he doesnt deserve one and 2 he keeps reiterating the notion that we need help with trump, at what stage does trump turn on him and suggest that he's actually more than capable of opening talks himself?

him almost begging to be a go between IMO reflects poorly on trump

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

its incredible for 2 reasons, 1 is that once again he's desperately trying to worm his way in to a position of significance when time and time again the British people have shown that he doesnt deserve one and 2 he keeps reiterating the notion that we need help with trump, at what stage does trump turn on him and suggest that he's actually more than capable of opening talks himself?

him almost begging to be a go between IMO reflects poorly on trump

Agreed. It showed very poor statesmanship to meet a man who is an absolute no-mark on the international stage before he'd even phoned many of the actual heads of state he needed to contact. I understand Farage's game, as I was trying to get at above, he's not actually auditioning for UK ambassador or anything like that, he's cannily appealing to the sort of people (a very large proportion of the electorate) for whom politics is nothing more than a soap opera (Theresa's just jel cos Donald likes Nige more, what a saddo!). For Trump, though, it's very small-time. 

Â