U.S. Politics

maqroll

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Off topic but @TheStagMan

Farage isn't a slimy toad yet Farron is.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/nov/17/eu-set-to-ask-ukip-group-to-repay-almost-150000-in-misspent-funds

That's a hit to that bollocks :crylaugh:

the In /Out thread earlier today says hello :)

• Like 1

Swings and roundabouts really, isn't it. Trump wants to have a special database tracking every muslim in America, and a prominent supporter has tried to justify it by citing the shameful internment of japanese-americans as precedent. And some lefties tend to decry bigotry a bit easy. Who's the real bastards, eh? Hard to say.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Equality, as the reasoning for it being okay to mock a person's disability :crylaugh:

Jeeezzz... because I said it was ok to mock people for one's own benefit in a public forum?

What I've been trying to explore is **us** treating the disabled person as different. 

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I was clearly giving you too much credit, if you think it's ok to mimic a disabled person's affliction, I think we have such fundamentally incompatible views that neither of us are changing our mind.

You are clearly mis-interpreting what I wrote to answer your "if". My claim is more akin to saying that mocking one person is the same as another, and wondering out loud about it as I think this is an interesting question, vis-a-vis society's equality discussions. 

"If" XXX kills ickle kittens, then I for one frown on such things! 

Bravo Sir!

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

I'm currently watching a guy mock the disabled,  purely for career  purposes,  right now on the telly.  The crowd are actually applauding him too . 

I must say, it's great entertainment . 

Edit 

Forgot to embed the vid that would provide the context .

NSFW

Edited by Brumerican

34 minutes ago, villakram said:

You are clearly mis-interpreting what I wrote to answer your "if". My claim is more akin to saying that mocking one person is the same as another, and wondering out loud about it as I think this is an interesting question, vis-a-vis society's equality discussions. 

"If" XXX kills ickle kittens, then I for one frown on such things! 

Bravo Sir!

If I'm misinterpreteing it, I think you haven't explained yourself very well at all.

In response to my posting that there's a difference between mocking a disabled person and mocking a person's disability, you lead your reponse by questioning if it was really the people making a bid deal about it who are discriminating, presumably compared to the person mocking a person's disability.

I'm not sure how else I could interpret your reply other than you thinking it's fine to mock a person's disability, and anyone objecting to mocking a disabled person is being discriminative.

Edited by Davkaus

7 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Sorry, said I wouldn't post any more on this, but will respond to this particular video because it is part of the same comment.

Hadn't seen this, and yes, I agree - that was out of order in the extreme. As a president he should be more "presidential"

However, Presumably all of the career comedians who mock people in a similar way, and those who make fun of Trump's appearance will be similarly chastised and hated? including the "very funny" comedian mentioned a few posts ago? No, oh thought not.

Will go and sharpen my pitchfork immediately. Bad Donald! 

Edited by TheStagMan

Â