U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just now, maqroll said:

He's a bottom feeder because he's gone and supplicated himself at the altar of America's most dangerous demagogue in over 40 years. The shit eating grin doesn't help either. 

I know your point, but what are we as country suppose to do, abandon our close relationship to the Americans? If any of our foolish politicians had any sense they would have met Trump. Only Farage had the sense to and now he is reaping the benefits.

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am not a Farage fan but how can you say that? He was the only person who went to meet Trump before elected. Our idiot politicians were all insulting and labeling him a joke. None of them actually thought he would win so barring Farage. I actually think it was a very smart move on his behalf as now the Conservative government might have to use him. 

Use him? They totally despise him! Cameron only conceded to the calls for a referendum because UKIP were threatening to eat his lunch in the 2015GE. It's cost them membership of an organization they wanted to remain in & a Prime Minister.

They'd rather use the KKK than consult with Farage. 

Edited by Awol
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I know your point, but what are we as country suppose to do, abandon our close relationship to the Americans? If any of our foolish politicians had any sense they would have met Trump. Only Farage had the sense to and now he is reaping the benefits

what benefits? are you privy to their discussions?

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Use him? They totally despise him! Cameron only conceded to the calls for a referendum because UKIP were threatening to eat his lunch in the 2015GE. It's cost them membership of an organization they wanted to remain in & a Prime Minister.

They'd rather use the KKK than consulte with Farage. 

I reckon secretly they don't mind him. thats not a fact just a inkling I have. He is very right wing so I would not be suprised if he joined the party way down the line. Nothing suprises me with UK politics anymore :(

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

what benefits? are you privy to their discussions?

Obviously not, but he is now very friendly with one of the most powerful men in the world. I know I wouldnt mind having a friend like that despite his extreme views 

The question is why is it compulsory to hate Trump but also obligatory to genuflect to the founding-fathers and previous presidents?

When polls are taken on America's greatest presidents the top ten are made up of a majority of slave-owners and the highly-rated Madison committed genocide against Native Americans.

Out of 56 of the signatories of the Declaration Of Independence only 16 didn't own slaves.

Mount Rushmore shows four presidents: two owned slaves, one killed 600 000 Americans in his war, and the other was an aggressive imperialist.

In the 20th century Woodrow Wilson re-introduced racial segregation to the armed forces but is still highly-rated.

JFK, who is still highly-rated by some, was a sexual-predator, who most would rate as a rapist and a misogynist these days, and nearly got us all killed.

Is Trump really worse than all these?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He's a bottom feeder because he's gone and supplicated himself at the altar of America's most dangerous demagogue in over 40 years. The shit eating grin doesn't help either. 

You missed the bit where he previously spoke during Trump campaign rallies and is friends with Trump???

why would he not go and help celebrate something he was actually part of.

People really do make up some shit for hating Farage.

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Obviously not, but he is now very friendly with one of the most powerful men in the world. I know I wouldnt mind having a friend like that despite his extreme views 

In all honesty, Trump probably has no real idea about who Farage is or what he does.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Hitler had loads of mates.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MakemineVanilla said:

The question is why is it compulsory to hate Trump but also obligatory to genuflect to the founding-fathers and previous presidents?

When polls are taken on America's greatest presidents the top ten are made up of a majority of slave-owners and the highly-rated Madison committed genocide against Native Americans.

Out of 56 of the signatories of the Declaration Of Independence only 16 didn't own slaves.

Mount Rushmore shows four presidents: two owned slaves, one killed 600 000 Americans in his war, and the other was an aggressive imperialist.

In the 20th century Woodrow Wilson re-introduced racial segregation to the armed forces but is still highly-rated.

JFK, who is still highly-rated by some, was a sexual-predator, who most would rate as a rapist and a misogynist these days, and nearly got us all killed.

Is Trump really worse than all these?

...and George Washington was the United States' first millionaire - by the time he left Office..

41 minutes ago, maqroll said:

In all honesty, Trump probably has no real idea about who Farage is or what he does.

Is this a Wah or serious? 

52 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I reckon secretly they don't mind him. thats not a fact just a inkling I have. He is very right wing so I would not be suprised if he joined the party way down the line. Nothing suprises me with UK politics anymore :(

You mean if he rejoined the Tory party. ;)

1 hour ago, omariqy said:

Just read into Steve Bannon. Jeeeeeeeez. Did not realise he was running Breitbart. He is now chief adviser/strategist for Trump. Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

That's why I am worried when people say Trump is just a puppet and won't be able to cause much harm . All the powerful positions are going to rather shady characters .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Awol said:

They'd rather use the KKK than consult with Farage. 

Maybe that attitude is why the ruling elite lost Brexit & the US election ?  Under tones of Racism or name calling just meant that the people who have nothing to lose and have to actually live in it thought Cameron was worthless and the EU also.  Imagine been in Government where you are so far removed from reality that you didn't see this coming.

39 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Maybe that attitude is why the ruling elite lost Brexit & the US election ?  

Well EU leaders have called for an end to referendums, I'm sure they'd like elections to go the same way too. 

You're dead on though about the elites not seeing this coming. 

Do you think Wilders is in with a genuine shout in Holland? He seems to be doing pretty well in the polls (which makes it 99% certain he'd lose) and makes Trump look like a puppy in terms of rhetoric. 

• Like 1

Â