U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Meanwhile a person has set himself on fire outside the courthouse in NY just as jury selection was complete.

These MAGAs are mentally ill

"Florida man..."

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Meanwhile a person has set himself on fire outside the courthouse in NY just as jury selection was complete.

These MAGAs are mentally ill

Not a MAGA type apparently, identifed himself as an anarcho-communist online and held some strong/odd views about cryptocurrency.

Being named online as Max Azzarello for anyone who wants to do some digging on Twitter etc.

• Thanks 1

Just now, icouldtelltheworld said:

Not a MAGA type apparently, identifed himself as an anarcho-communist online and held some strong/odd views about cryptocurrency.

Being named online as Max Azzarello for anyone who wants to do some digging on Twitter etc.

Yeah I just assumed… 

Anarcho-communist :crylaugh:

Posted (edited)

Azzarello's... theory uploaded before he set himself on fire suggests he might have needed help.

Fractions of truth weaved and spun into a grand apocalyptic conspiracy theory founded on crypto being the vehicle of economic doom.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Azzarello's... theory uploaded before he set himself on due sideways he might have needed help.

Fractions of truth weaved and spun into a grand apocalyptic conspiracy theory founded on crypto being the vehicle of economic doom.

Probably not the best time to mention I just made £2.5k on crypto :lol: 

18 hours ago, ender4 said:

How fast will serious weaponry get to Ukraine once this bill is finally passed?

Have they got it all ready to send immediately or will they then spend weeks deciding and sending it?

Hard to say. Stuff that goes on a plane. A week maybe. Stuff that goes on a boat? Upwards of a month. 

GMLRS rockets and shells, likely very fast. Bradleys, Stryker and Abrams, likely the end of May unless they've got a stockpile somewhere in Europe. I'm not sure if Ukraine have any heavy transports left, but they can carry the heavier stuff too - @blandy knows way more about how much stuff can get flown than I do. If there's a will there's a way. The Pentagon is already preparing to send the first aircraft apparently, and some have already landed at Rammstein according to locals.

Edited by magnkarl

Obviously Ukraine / Israel aid is the headline of the day, but they’ve also passed a bill forcing the Chinese owners of TikTok to sell it. It’ll be quite interesting to see how that plays out.

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Obviously Ukraine / Israel aid is the headline of the day, but they’ve also passed a bill forcing the Chinese owners of TikTok to sell it. It’ll be quite interesting to see how that plays out.

Maybe Musk will overpay for it before running it into the ground.

17 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Hard to say. Stuff that goes on a plane. A week maybe. Stuff that goes on a boat? Upwards of a month. 

GMLRS rockets and shells, likely very fast. Bradleys, Stryker and Abrams, likely the end of May unless they've got a stockpile somewhere in Europe. I'm not sure if Ukraine have any heavy transports left, but they can carry the heavier stuff too - @blandy knows way more about how much stuff can get flown than I do. If there's a will there's a way. The Pentagon is already preparing to send the first aircraft apparently, and some have already landed at Rammstein according to locals.

1 hour ago, sne said:

So Ukraine gets $61 b, great. Israel gets $21 b, not great. Taiwan gets $8 b

Did you by chance see what is under the Israeli aid? A lot of it is for aid for Gaza.

4 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

Did you by chance see what is under the Israeli aid? A lot of it is for aid for Gaza.

Hope it gets through to them

Â