U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 13/08/2022 at 09:15, Davkaus said:

You can be certain he'd taken files pertaining to nuclear capability, because he's accused Obama of it.

Hopefully this turd will finally flush, and he dies in prison.

The only question is if the head is cut off the snake,  does another just grow in its place? 

It's hard to see another person being just as popular/uniting for all the evil shitheads in the world, but I just can't discount America creating another or an even more successful one. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

The only question is if the head is cut off the snake,  does another just grow in its place? 

It's hard to see another person being just as popular/uniting for all the evil shitheads in the world, but I just can't discount America creating another or an even more successful one. 

I did think DeSantis might do it but his popularity in Florida and the far right wing press isn’t really expanding into the moderate republicans nationwide.  He’s trying to really invest in other states but not getting traction sufficient.  Still time and maybe while Trump is on the scene it’ll be hard for him or anybody else to get real ground so I watch this space.

There is also the other side, the Democrats.  After Biden is there somebody whose going to emerge to unite the left or at least keep most together that if a right wing powerhouse does emerge, is there a left wing or moderate to compete.

Edited by nick76

This Is the Data Facebook Gave Police to Prosecute a Teenager for Abortion

Motherboard has obtained court documents that show Facebook gave police a teenager’s private chats about her abortion. Cops then used those chats to seize her phone and computer.
A 17-year-old girl and her mother have been charged with a series of felonies and misdemeanors after an apparent medication abortion at home in Nebraska. The state’s case relies on evidence from the teenager’s private Facebook messages, obtained directly from Facebook by court order, which show the mother and daughter allegedly bought medication to induce abortion online, and then disposed of the body of the fetus. While the court documents, obtained by Motherboard, allege that the abortion took place before the Supreme Court overturned Roe v Wade in June, they show in shocking detail how abortion could and will be prosecuted in the United States, and how tech companies will be enlisted by law enforcement to help prosecute their cases.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/n7zevd/this-is-the-data-facebook-gave-police-to-prosecute-a-teenager-for-abortion

US of A

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I did think DeSantis might do it but his popularity in Florida and the far right wing press isn’t really expanding into the moderate republicans nationwide.  He’s trying to really invest in other states but not getting traction sufficient.  Still time and maybe while Trump is on the scene it’ll be hard for him or anybody else to get real ground so I watch this space.

There is also the other side, the Democrats.  After Biden is there somebody whose going to emerge to unite the left or at least keep most together that if a right wing powerhouse does emerge, is there a left wing or moderate to compete.

Josh Hawley scares me. Plays "the good 'ol boy" although he's an Ivy League educated right wing psycho.

He really seems seduced by power.

Just now, TheAuthority said:

Josh Hawley scares me. Plays "the good 'ol boy" although he's an Ivy League educated right wing psycho.

He really seems seduced by power.

Yeah I agree, I get the impression though similar to the likes of Tom Cotton their ambitions for the highest office doesn’t match the nationwide support.  Seems they lack the charisma to charm the Republican voters sufficient enough to probably even win the Republican nomination.  Somebody like him with charisma will be very dangerous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I agree, I get the impression though similar to the likes of Tom Cotton their ambitions for the highest office doesn’t match the nationwide support.  Seems they lack the charisma to charm the Republican voters sufficient enough to probably even win the Republican nomination.  Somebody like him with charisma will be very dangerous.

Everyone I know is just dreading the inevitable announcement of Trump 2024 and the wall to wall coverage he'll get.  Then folks will be unable to talk about anything else again. 

Some are speculating that Ivanka will be his running mate - although I don't think his ego could stand it in case she becomes more popular than him. I'm sure he'll announce himself as his running mate to be honest.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Everyone I know is just dreading the inevitable announcement of Trump 2024 and the wall to wall coverage he'll get.  Then folks will be unable to talk about anything else again. 

Some are speculating that Ivanka will be his running mate - although I don't think his ego could stand it in case she becomes more popular than him. I'm sure he'll announce himself as his running mate to be honest.

Yeah, just have to hope one of these legal issues take him out of the race somehow.  

• Like 1

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert's drunken husband picked a fight with a bunch of neighbors and ran over one's mailbox.   His son was apparently driving a go-kart up and down the residential street at 50+ mph, and when the neighbors told him to slow down he told them to f*ck off.   Dad drives over in his pickup truck (of course it's a pickup truck) and accuses them of trying to hit his son.  The 911 call recording is making the rounds in US media.

Traditional family values Republican, teaches her kid to disregard safety of others and to curse at elders.   

• Like 2

2 hours ago, il_serpente said:

Congresswoman Lauren Boebert's drunken husband picked a fight with a bunch of neighbors and ran over one's mailbox.   His son was apparently driving a go-kart up and down the residential street at 50+ mph, and when the neighbors told him to slow down he told them to f*ck off.   Dad drives over in his pickup truck (of course it's a pickup truck) and accuses them of trying to hit his son.  The 911 call recording is making the rounds in US media.

Traditional family values Republican, teaches her kid to disregard safety of others and to curse at elders.   

Was he the same one who was convicted of exposing himself to children?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Was he the same one who was convicted of exposing himself to children?

Allegedly, sort of.   I don't think they were children.  He supposedly told two women/girls that he had a tattoo on his Johnson and asked if they wanted to see it.  He pled guilty but claims he unzipped his pants but stuck his thumb through the slot as a joke.  Of course, his wife wrote in her memoir that he only pretended to unzip his pants, so the 2 of them can't even agree on their story.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, il_serpente said:

Allegedly, sort of.   I don't think they were children.  He supposedly told two women/girls that he had a tattoo on his Johnson and asked if they wanted to see it.  He pled guilty but claims he unzipped his pants but stuck his thumb through the slot as a joke.  Of course, his wife wrote in her memoir that he only pretended to unzip his pants, so the 2 of them can't even agree on their story.

Allegedly? He pleaded guilty and was sentenced.  The girls were underage so whether they are classed as children is neither here or there they were underage and he was in his mid twenties.  Lauren can say whatever she wants although I’m not sure she’s the best source to bank information on but the facts are still the same he pleaded guilty for the crime so I’m not sure it was a thumb he exposed.

On 14/08/2022 at 13:30, nick76 said:

I don’t know if he is the saviour, but I like the way Buttigieg is handling the spotlights as secretary. He was a nobody last election, but not anymore. He is a Vet, so difficult for conservatives to attack, but he does go on Fox regularly and always counters them correctly. 

He is also gay, so something for progressives to rally behind, while I believe he is a centrist Dem. Something for everybody.

29 minutes ago, AXD said:

I don’t know if he is the saviour, but I like the way Buttigieg is handling the spotlights as secretary. He was a nobody last election, but not anymore. He is a Vet, so difficult for conservatives to attack, but he does go on Fox regularly and always counters them correctly. 

He is also gay, so something for progressives to rally behind, while I believe he is a centrist Dem. Something for everybody.

While I agree with your Buttigieg comments, the far right are going after the gay community, even Clarence Thomas questioned the law allowing for same sex marriage in his Roe v Wade comments.  Definitely be a popular name now on the Democrat side though, it’s a good shout!

How the absolute **** are Republicans even mildly strong. 

By attacking gay people and women you're quite a few percentage points down before you even get to people's political views.  Amazing. 

3 hours ago, nick76 said:

Allegedly? He pleaded guilty and was sentenced.  The girls were underage so whether they are classed as children is neither here or there they were underage and he was in his mid twenties.  Lauren can say whatever she wants although I’m not sure she’s the best source to bank information on but the facts are still the same he pleaded guilty for the crime so I’m not sure it was a thumb he exposed.

I used "allegedly" jokingly because both he and Lauren claim different versions of it not happening despite the consistent accounts of the young women (none of the stories I've read referred to them as underage) and the owner of the bowling alley. 

In her book, Lauren apparently claims the female bartender was flirting with him because he was known to be a real catch and had insisted he show her his tattoo. :crylaugh:

They're both pieces of sh*t and it's depressing that she can win the majority of even the Republican vote, let alone the general election.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, sidcow said:

How the absolute **** are Republicans even mildly strong. 

By attacking gay people and women you're quite a few percentage points down before you even get to people's political views.  Amazing. 

Gerrymandering

• Like 1

Â