U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It makes me wonder what information he has that is so valuable to an obviously more important case, as they pretty much have him bang to rights on the offences he's charged with. He must have something worth trading

My thoughts as well.  When I heard this my first thought was a member of Congress gave them info whether on layout or number of security or something.  Once I thought about it more I think I was more rational and assumed it was a non-January 6th case because as he’s part of the Oathkeepers I’m assuming he has knowledge that would help that’s nothing to do with politics orJanuary 6th but maybe something else to do with that organisation because the report says cooperation agreement and you instantly think it’s January 6th riot but it maybe not be. Again I’m just guessing.  If it is to do with Jan 6th then it could be massive then.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, nick76 said:

My thoughts as well.  When I heard this my first thought was a member of Congress gave them info whether on layout or number of security or something.  Once I thought about it more I think I was more rational and assumed it was a non-January 6th case because as he’s part of the Oathkeepers I’m assuming he has knowledge that would help that’s nothing to do with politics orJanuary 6th but maybe something else to do with that organisation because the report says cooperation agreement and you instantly think it’s January 6th riot but it maybe not be. Again I’m just guessing.  If it is to do with Jan 6th then it could be massive then.

I confess I hadn't thought of a bigger enquiry into the likes of the org's themselves but you are correct

• Thanks 1

My guess is that it's useful for prosecutors to have someone connected to the Oath Keepers plead guilty, as it may make conspiracy charges easier to stick against targets they care about more. Also, as I understand it, he was carrying bear spray, as were lots of other rioters, so it might be helpful to get the idea that bear spray is a 'deadly or dangerous' weapon agreed on (I understand lots of the other rioters plan to challenge this point later).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

It makes me wonder what information he has that is so valuable to an obviously more important case, as they pretty much have him bang to rights on the offences he's charged with. He must have something worth trading

Its Roger Stone. And maybe that gets them closer to Trump. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bickster said:

I thought his connection was with the Proud Boys?

He's linked with Oathkeepers as well. They've provided security for him. And he was in D.C. on the 5th and 6th.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

The correct verdict.

Now hopefully the sentencing can reflect the crime. 

I think I heard earlier that it's about 12 years for the main charge, not sure if the other two verdicts run concurrently or add to it.

Â